High Performance Marine Heading Sensor (sensor only)
|Dimensions||2" Height x 4 1/2" Length x 4 1/2" Depth|
|Voltage||9 to 16 Volts DC|
|Warranty Details||One Year|
When interfacing this three-axis compass heading sensor to Garmin's marine lineup of MFDs and radars, mariners can expect unparalleled radar overlay performance and accuracy along with excellent MARPA capabilities.
This heading sensor (based on Airmar H2183) uses a rate gyro, so it can maintain an exceptional 2° heading accuracy under heavy dynamic conditions, with up to 30° of pitch and roll. In addition, it supports either NMEA 0183 or NMEA 2000 data output to fit any installation.
Installation is a snap thanks to the heading sensor's innovative design allowing it to mount to any angled bulkhead. Mariners can expect this heading sensor to provide trouble-free service in the harshest conditions and will learn to appreciate its reliability and excellent performance.
- Better than 1° static heading accuracy
- Industry leading 2° dynamic accuracy up to 30° pitch and roll
- Three-axis solid-state compass provides accurate heading data
- Three-axis accelerometer improves heading, pitch and roll in static conditions
- Three-axis rate gyro improves heading, pitch and roll in dynamic conditions * Temperature compensated across the entire operating range to ensure optimum accuracy
- Heading output by default is 10 Hz for both NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 (NMEA 2000 can be output up to 20 Hz)
- Easy installation to any angled bulkhead
- Auto-calibration feature
- Waterproof housing (IPX6)
- Dimensions: 2.0"H x 4.4"L x 4.5"D
- Operating voltage: 9 VDC to 16 VDC
* Please Note: NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 cables sold separately
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.