Planning an offshore or coastal sailing adventure?
Don't leave the dock without this jacket.
Unless you're going to be spending all your time below deck while sailing in coastal and offshore waters, you'll need a jacket that's waterproof and breathable. If it's also lightweight and has an articulated cut so you can move freely about the deck, even better. Using Gill’s 3 Dot™, two-layer laminated nylon fabric with a Durable Water Repellent (DWR) finish, a nylon lining with mesh drainage panels and fully taped seams, the OS23 Coastal Sailing Jacket is all that and more. Its advanced composite, waterproof fabric features both hydrophobic (repelling) and hydrophilic (absorbing) technologies that totally protect you from the worst Mother Nature can throw at you during your best days. Plus it moves moisture (condensation and perspiration) away from your skin to the outside of the jacket so it can evaporate and eventually return to the ocean and become rain and start the cycle all over again.
Starting at the top, the high-visibility fluorescent hood is fully lined so it not only keeps your head dry, it helps stop vital body heat from escaping into the wind. It has a three-way adjustment system, volume adjustment and an internal fleece-lined cord channel for a secure, comfortable fit. This hood is matched with a high-cut thermal collar with full face protection and a thermal fleece inner collar and chin guard to prevent chafing. Next you'll come to the full-length, anti-corrosion YKK front zipper that has a double storm guard to stop water intrusion and a two-way operation so you can unzip from the bottom to sit down or access the pockets in your bibs.
You'll find two sets of fleece-lined hand warmer pockets protected by YKK AquaGuard® water-resistant zippers. One set on the chest and one set that sits behind a couple of deep cargo pockets with secure closures that hold essentials you want to keep close. There's also a zippered internal security pocket for your wallet, cellphone or other valuables. The cuffs feature adjustable outer closures with polyurethane inner seals to prevent water from entering your sleeves. The hem is slightly longer in the back for better coverage and quickly adjusts with a shock cord to keep wind out. Heat-formed, prismatic reflective patches in an exclusive Gill design are strategically placed for 360° visibility. Imported.
- Waterproof, windproof and breathable protective shell
- 3 Dot™, two-layer laminated fabric
- Durable Water Repellent (DWR) outer finish
- 100% seam taped for a waterproof seal
- Two-way, full-length front zipper with double storm guard
- Adjustable outer wrist cuffs with polyurethane inner seals for watertight comfort
- High cut thermal collar with full face protection
- Thermal fleece inner collar and chin guard
- Fully lined hood with three-way adjustment system
- Hood has internal fleece-lined cord channel for a secure, comfortable fit
- Two sets of hand warmer pockets protected by YKK AquaGuard® water-resistant zippers
- Fully lined with mesh drainage panels
- Articulated cut for active use
- Differential hem with shock cord adjustment
- Upgraded anti-corrosion YKK zippers with lightweight molded sliders
- Deep cargo pockets with secure closure
- Zippered internal security pocket
- High-visibility fluorescent hood
- Heat-formed, prismatic reflective patches
- Outer Shell: 100% nylon
- Lining: 100% nylon
- Mesh: 100% polyester
- Fleece Lining: 100% polyester
Men's OS23 Coastal Sailing Jacket
Machine Wash Cold Gentle
Use Tech Wash
|Sleeve Length||Long Sleeve|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
Free Standard Shipping is only applicable on orders over $49.00 and within the 48 contiguous United States. Free shipping does not apply to Truck Freight.
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 260 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 8 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers; computer software, electronics charts, and carry-on air conditioners. For electronics we will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 3 – 7 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464)