Women's OS23 Coastal Sailing Jacket
This isn't the same jacket as the Men's OS23 Coastal Sailing Jacket.
(No, this jacket has a female-specific fit rather than just being a smaller size.)
You are just as serious about sailing in coastal and offshore waters as your male counterparts, so it stands to reason that you not only need a jacket that's waterproof, windproof, breathable and lightweight, you also need a jacket that has a shorter waist and curves where you do. No one wants a sailing jacket that also acts like a sail, filling up with wind and making it hard to move around the deck in a squall. The Women's OS23 Coastal Sailing Jacket is designed specifically for your proportions so guys won't be asking to borrow it (most likely not a bad thing).
Using Gill’s 3 Dot™, two-layer laminated nylon fabric with a Durable Water Repellent (DWR) finish, a nylon lining with mesh drainage panels and fully taped seams, the OS23 Coastal Sailing Jacket is fully water- and windproof. Its advanced composite, waterproof fabric features both hydrophobic (repelling) and hydrophilic (absorbing) technologies that totally protect you from the worst Mother Nature can throw at you during your best days. Plus it moves moisture (condensation and perspiration) away from your skin to the outside of the jacket so it can evaporate and eventually return to the ocean and become rain and start the cycle all over again.
Starting at the top, the high-visibility fluorescent hood is fully lined so it not only keeps your head dry, it helps stop vital body heat from escaping into the wind. It has a three-way adjustment system, volume adjustment and an internal fleece-lined cord channel for a secure, comfortable fit. This hood is matched with a high-cut thermal collar with full face protection and a thermal fleece inner collar and chin guard to prevent chafing. Next you'll come to the full-length, anti-corrosion YKK front zipper that has a double storm guard to stop water intrusion and a two-way operation so you can unzip from the bottom to sit down or access the pockets in your bibs.
You'll find two sets of fleece-lined hand warmer pockets protected by YKK AquaGuard® water-resistant zippers. One set on the chest and one set that sits behind a couple of deep cargo pockets with secure closures that hold essentials you want to keep close. There's also a zippered internal security pocket for your wallet, cellphone or other valuables. The cuffs feature adjustable outer closures with polyurethane inner seals to prevent water from entering your sleeves. The hem is slightly longer in the back for better coverage and quickly adjusts with a shock cord to keep wind out. Heat-formed, prismatic reflective patches in an exclusive Gill design are strategically placed for 360° visibility. Imported.
- Waterproof, windproof and breathable protective shell
- 3 Dot™, two-layer laminated fabric
- Durable Water Repellent (DWR) outer finish
- 100% seam taped for a waterproof seal
- Two-way, full-length front zipper with double storm guard
- Adjustable outer wrist cuffs with polyurethane inner seals for watertight comfort
- Female-specific fit and proportions
- High cut thermal collar with full face protection
- Thermal fleece inner collar and chin guard
- Fully lined hood with three-way adjustment system
- Hood has internal fleece-lined cord channel for a secure, comfortable fit
- Two sets of hand warmer pockets protected by YKK AquaGuard® water-resistant zippers
- Fully lined with mesh drainage panels
- Articulated cut for active use
- Differential hem with shock cord adjustment
- Upgraded anti-corrosion YKK zippers with lightweight molded sliders
- Deep cargo pockets with secure closure
- Zippered internal security pocket
- High-visibility fluorescent hood
- Heat-formed, prismatic reflective patches
- Outer Shell: 100% nylon
- Lining: 100% nylon
- Mesh: 100% polyester
- Fleece Lining: 100% polyester
Women's OS23 Coastal Sailing Jacket
|Care||Tech Wash or Fresh Water Rinse|
Outer and Main Lining 100% Nylon
Mesh and Fleece 100% Polyester
|Sleeve Length||Long Sleeve|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 3 – 7 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).