Rescue Laser Light™
Add extra coverage from the date of purchase beyond the manufacturer’s warranty. View Details
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Day and nighttime laser signaling device that provides a convenient, effective way to signal a rescue party.
Now with a sight ring that helps you aim at your target, use this compact laser flare to signal for help or locate crew or gear. Laser flare emits a fan of light rather than a narrow beam. Visible up to 20 miles away at night, visible up to three miles in daylight and locates reflective material up to one mile away. Long-life red laser diode lasts up to 10,000 hours.
How you use a Rescue Laser Flare
- Help is in the distance
- Line up your target
- While aiming, slowly move laser back and forth across your target
- At 16 miles, you have a 5,000' fan of light to hit your target
How does it work and is it safe?
Greatland Rescue Laser Flares use patented technology to create a line of laser light that when "painted" across an area guarantees that you will hit your target. In a survival situation, the ability to easily signal across large distances is the key to getting rescued.
By drawing a vertical fan of light that spreads thousands of feet long at miles of distance, even under duress, it is easy to make sure that your signal catches the eye of a possible rescuer. In addition, by diffusing the laser from a potential dangerous point of light into a spread out line, your target will see a brief, but bright, momentary flash as the laser line crosses their field of vision. At distances of 13 feet or more, the Rescue Laser is perfectly eye safe, yet incredibly effective from up to 30 miles away.
Why regular laser pointers don't work
With a common laser pointer, you would have to hit your target directly in the eye for them to see you. At a distance, this would be nearly impossible. Rescue Lasers work because at a distance they produce a fan or light. At 16 miles, the fan would be 6,000' high. Note: This fan of light will not be visible. The target will see a brilliant flash of light only when the fan crosses their line of vision.
- Visibility: 20 miles (32 km) nighttime, optimum conditions, 1-3 miles (1.6-4.8 km) daytime
- Wavelength: 650nm
- Beam Shape: Collimated 5 degree (1 mrad.) divergent laser line
- Laser Operation: Twist cap laser activation
- Construction: Anodized 6061-T6 aluminum
- Dimensions: 3 1/8"L x 7/8" Diameter
- Weight: 1.7oz. without battery
- Waterproof: to 80 feet (24 m)
- Laser Diode: Red - 10,000 hours meantime life
- Laser Class: 3R < 5mW cw max
- Beam Divergence: = 5 degrees
- Operational Life: 40 hours continuous use before changing battery
- Battery: CR123 lithium battery
- Warranty: Limited lifetime
Rescue Laser Light™
|Dimensions||3 1/8 Inches Long|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on Orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).