HARKEN–29mm Single Wire Bullet Block
29mm Single Wire Bullet Block
|Integral Cleat||No Integral Cleat|
|Mount Type||Fixed Lashing Eye|
|Safe Working Load||500 Pounds|
|Sheave Diameter||29 mm|
The Harken 098 29mm Single Wire Bullet Block is a heavy-duty block with 200 pounds more load capacity than the light-duty 082 Single Block.
Designed for vangs, outhauls or shrouds where wire is used or for rope where loads are too high for regular bullet blocks. Roller bearings handle high loads better than ball bearings. Sheaves are PTFE-impregnated, Hardkote anodized aluminum for strength. They deliver dependable fast trim and release under high or low loads.
A range of styles lets these blocks adapt to almost all control line applications. Ideal for cunninghams, vangs, outhauls, traveler controls, spinnaker controls, barberhaulers, etc.
- Extremely popular single wire block found on sailboats of all sizes
- Integrated "loop top" shackle minimizes block length for purchase power in limited space
- Used on many types of control systems
- Corrosion-resistant stainless steel straps reinforce these blocks
- Ball bearings, sheave and sideplates are UV stabilized
- Fast trim and release under load: Free-running ball bearings roll on flat races with minimal friction
- Sheave Diameter: 1 1/8" (29 mm)
- Max. Line Diameter: 5/16" (8 mm)
- Max. Working Load (MWL): 500 lb. (227 kg)
- Breaking Load: 2000 lb. (907 kg)
- Weight: 1 oz. (28 g)
- Length: 2" (51 mm)
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.