57mm Carbo Air® Fiddle Ratchet Block with Becket
|Diameter||3/16 Inch or 5 mm|
|Integral Cleat||No Integral Cleat|
|Length||5 5/8 Inches|
|Mount Type||Swivel Shackle|
|Safe Working Load||793 Pounds|
|Sheave Diameter||57 mm|
Harken 57mm Carbo Air® Fiddle Ratchet Block with Becket allows increases in the purchase of the vang to 8:1.
Carbo Ratchets blocks allow sailors to hand-hold loaded lines and offer balance between holding power and controlled easing. Lightweight Carbo Ratchets are available in 40mm, 57mm and 75mm sizes. All the Carbo Ratchets feature a recessed On-Off switch that is easily operated from either side. The 40mm cam-arm versions work in ratchet mode only. Commonly 57mm blocks are for jibsheets and spinnakers on medium dinghies.
The 40mm, 57mm and 75mm Carbo Ratchamatic® is adjustable for many applications and weather conditions. The load-sensing ratchet block rolls freely in both directions under low loads, then engages the ratchet automatically as loads increase. With 180 degree wrap, you get a 10:1 holding power.
- Hand-hold your loaded lines and vangs
- Use for vang systems on dinghies, sportsboats, and medium keelboats
- Ratchet blocks are hand and crew savers
- Allows a line to be eased instantly with control
- On/Off switch allows the ratchet to be turned off in light air
- Hardkote-anodized aluminum sheaves
- Stainless steel swivel shackle
- Sheave Diameter: 2 1/4" (57 mm)
- Max. Line Diameter: 3/8" (10 mm)
- Max. Working Load (MWL): 792 lb. (359 kg)
- Breaking Load: 2380 lb. (1080 kg)
- Weight: 4.3 oz. (121 g)
- Length: 5 5/8" (143 mm)
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.