HARKEN–75mm Carbo Ratchet Block with Becket
75mm Carbo Ratchet Block with Becket
|Diameter||7/16 Inch or 11 mm|
|Integral Cleat||No Integral Cleat|
|Length||6 1/2 Inches|
|Mount Type||Swivel Shackle|
|Safe Working Load||750 Pounds|
|Sheave Diameter||75 mm|
Harken 75mm Carbo Ratchet Block with Becket and recessed switch allows changes in the modes between ratchet and free spin.
Carbo Ratchets allow sailors to hand-hold loaded lines and offer balance between holding power and controlled easing. Lightweight Carbo Ratchets are available in 40mm, 57mm and 75mm sizes. All the Carbo Ratchets feature a recessed On-Off switch that is easily operated from either side. The 40mm cam-arm versions work in ratchet mode only. Commonly 75mm blocks are for the main and spinnakers on larger FJs, 420's and large sportboats.
The 40mm, 57mm and 75mm Carbo Ratchamatic® is adjustable for many applications and weather conditions. The load-sensing ratchet block rolls freely in both directions under low loads, then engages the ratchet automatically as loads increase. With 180 degree wrap, you get a 15:1 holding power.
- Ratchet blocks are hand and crew savers
- Double holding power in heavy air
- Allows a line to be eased instantly with control
- On/Off switch allows the ratchet to be turned off in light air
- Hardkote-anodized aluminum sheaves
- Stainless steel swivel shackle
- Sheave Diameter: 2 15/16" (75 mm)
- Max. Line Diameter: 7/16" (12 mm)
- Max. Working Load (MWL): 750 lb. (341 kg)
- Breaking Load: 3000 lb. (1361 kg)
- Weight: 8.75 oz. (248 g)
- Length: 6 1/2" (165 mm)
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.