HARKEN–SNUBBAir Ratcheting Drum
SNUBBAir Ratcheting Drum
|Diameter||3/8 Inch or 10 mm|
|Integral Cleat||No Integral Cleat|
|Mount Type||Mechanical Fasteners|
|Safe Working Load||1000 Pounds|
It's not a winch, but a large ratcheting drum that can take the place of a small winch in many applications that have traditionally used a small winch. Sport Boats and other small sailboats can replace winches and ratchet blocks with SNUBBAir. The large diameter ratcheting drum offers more holding power than a ratchet block and allows the crew to use one wrap or two with easy cast off for faster tacks and gybes. The SNUBBAir weighs less than half the small winch is replaces and is 30% lower to the deck.
- Large Diameter deck mounted ratching drum that offers more line holding assistance than a ratchet block
- 30% lower to the deck, can be used to replaced higher profile heavier winches
- Integral threaded studs placed to match the bolt holes of the Harken B8A
- Two wraps or one easy cast off for quicker tacks or gybes
- Less than half the weight of the equivalent winch
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.