A dramatic improvement over conventional foils!
The engineered Carbo material used in the foils is a significant advancement over the PVC commonly used in other racing foils. Carbo Racing Foil material is 15% lighter than PVC, and is very low in friction, making hoists, douses, and sail changes faster. Its high strength provides dramatic improvement in resistance to line wear, especially when jibing asymmetrical spinnaker sheets. Impact resistance is increased, with less damage from spinnaker poles, especially in cold weather. Heat has little effect on stiffness. The black color provides superior UV protection, and is easy to see against a light sky, making the jib trimmer's job easier. Installation is simple, because the Carbo Foil uncoils and straightens. The foil snaps onto the stay easily, and can be done with the mast up.
- Low-friction prefeeder: Teflon®-impregnated aluminum rollers spin freely for fast, effi cient hoists and long-lasting performance
- Luff Tape: Unit 0: #5 (5/32") 4mm; Unit 1 and 2: #6 (3/16") 5mm
- Prefeeder: Hardkote anodized Teflon® impregnated aluminum rollers/low friction bushings
- Spacer Tube Length: 3'3" (1m)
- Grooves: Twin grooves
- Extrusion Length: Unit 0: 0.102lb./ft.; Unit 1: 0.162lb./ft.; Unit 2: 0.185lb./ft.