Upgrade your experience: get your best view of the world under the waves using CHIRP sonar, Down Imaging and all the special features you'll only get on your Helix 5.
You will love all the incredible features included on your Helix fishfinder/chartplotter. It's durably built for life on a boat and elegantly designed with a simple keypad and brilliant display. With this device you can view beautifully rendered images of the landscape beneath your vessel and the world around you. It has chartplotting and chartmaking abilities, narrow and wide beam sonar and navigational safety and steering features built-in. Connect it to your existing NMEA 2000/0183 system to fully integrate your equipment and master your fishing experience.
- A Beautiful View: 256 colors at 800 x 480 resolution packed onto a 5" high-definition TFT display that's crystal clear even in bright sunlight? Picture = Perfect. An included cover protects this high-quality screen when not in use from sunlight, fog and salt.
- New Perspectives: This display lets you view topographic and bathymetric data and maps or check out the world beneath your boat with wide or narrow beam sonar. 360° imaging gives you a 3D fisheye perspective all around your boat. You can view sonar coverage at 16°, 28°, 45° and 75°. Five preset views let you switch back and forth quickly and split screen functionality lets you zero-in on your next catch. Enjoy a masterful perspective of your surroundings right from your screen.
- Interconnected: Connect to your NMEA 2000/0183 system for total integration of your devices. Five ethernet ports let you network with other Humminbird head units or share a transducer. Wirelessly control your Humminbird screen using a Bluetooth remote (sold separately).
- Worry-Free Navigation: Autopilot control means you'll never have to worry about deviating from your course even when boating in poor visibility. For those who own Minn, Kota, Ulterra, Terrova and PowerDrive V2 motors, this unit is compatible with i-Pilot Link for integrated GPS trolling systems. This feature guides your boat safely along a selected depth contour so you never have to worry about unseen obstacles while you fish. Built-in AIS and HD Radar capabilities give you peace of mind navigating high-traffic areas, bad weather and more.
- Catch Every Fish: The included transom mount transducer monitors temperature and depth. It has 8000W Peak output and dual CHIRP ranges to give you an excellent possible view to depths up to 1,500' using CHIRP with the included transducer and 350' using DualBeam. DualBeam Plus Sonar gives you accurate returns and bottom imaging and lets you switch between a narrow and wide beam view. This data feeds the fisheye view and lets you choose between Clear and Max modes in the device's SwitchFire Sonar settings. 2 1/2" target separation means you will be able to see every fish and bottom feature in precise detail. Down-imaging and broadband CHIRP sonar give you a detailed, layered perspective of what's under the waves.
- Water-Ready: This display has a waterproof rating of IPX7 and only requires 10-20V DC drawing 615mA, so it's ready for installation on your boat. A one year warranty lets you rest easy and focus on your off-shore adventure.
Helix 5 DI G2 Fishfinder with Down Imaging and DualBeam PLUS Sonar
|Diagonal Screen Size||5 Inches|
7.55" Width x 4.64" Height x 3.3" Depth (Gimbal Mount)
7.55" Width x 4.28" Height x 1.13" Depth (In-Dash Mount)
|Display Type||Color TFT|
|GPS||Internal GPS Antenna|
350 Feet (Down Imaging)
600 Feet (2D)
|Resolution||800 x 480|
DualBeam PLUS Sonar
500 Watts (RMS)
4000 Watts (Peak to Peak)
|Warranty Details||One Year Limited|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.