ICOM–GM1600 Survival Craft Handheld VHF Radio
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
GM1600 Survival Craft Handheld VHF Radio
|Battery Life||8 Hours|
|Transmit Power||2/1 Watt|
|Dimensions||2 9/16" Width x 5 3/4" Height x 1 3/4" Depth|
|Warranty Details||Three Years Waterproof|
The GM1600 meets the strict environmental requirements for survival craft radio.
The GM1600 meets temperature, thermal shock, vibration and drop resistant (from 1 meter height) requirements. After passing those environmental tests, the IC-GM1600 retains 1 meter depth waterproof construction as specified by IMO resolutions A.809(19), A.694(17), MSC149(77) and related specifications. Optional high capacity Lithium battery, BP-234 (sold separately), has superior low temperature characteristics. Provides more than eight hours operating time even at -20°C.
- Operation instructions are printed on the rear panel
- All operation can be made with one hand
- One touch access to Channel 16 and call channel
- Highly visible yellow colored body
- Bright LED indicator on the top of panel
- LCD display has a wide viewing angle
- Large keypad with positive button action
- Wide viewing angle LCD display
- Transmit Power: 2W/1W (Hi/Low)
- Battery Life: Over 8 hours (Duty cycle: Tx: Rx: Stand-by = 6: 6: 48)
- Battery Type: 3300mAh Lithium-Ion
- Receiver Performance: Sensitivity: 0.25μV typ. Intermodulation rejection: 70dB
What's in the Box
- Battery charger (BC-173)
- Belt clip (MB-103Y)
- Power adapter (BC-147SA/SE)
- Li-ion battery pack (BP-252)
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.