Need reliable performance and communication quality?
This transceiver is ideal for small-to-mid sized systems for public safety, large industry to light commercial, the IC-F5021 series offers multiple signaling, advanced scanning, improved external channel control capability and wide frequency coverage all wrapped inside a compact body that’s constructed of rugged aluminum die-cast chassis with a polycarbonate front panel.
Features built-in popular signalings, including 2-Tone, 5-Tone, CTCSS and DTCS capabilities as standard to set up your own talk groups, PTT ID and quiet stand-by when others are communicating.
- 128 memory channels: 128 channels (max.) separated into eight memory zones. Memory channels can be identified with the 8-character channel name and selected easily with the up/down buttons.
- Front mounted speaker: 4 watts (typ.) front mounted speakers delivers clear and loud audio. With the speaker facing the operator, audio can be clearly heard without impediment during operations.
- Six programmable buttons: A pair of up/down and P0-P3 function assignable buttons allow you to customize functions to meet specific needs. An independent volume knob offers simple, convenient operation.
- Most popular signalings built-in: Use the built-in 2-Tone, 5-Tone, CTCSS and DTCS capabilities as standard to set up your own talk groups, PTT ID and quiet stand-by when others are talking. The IC-F5-21 series has added CTCSS/DTCS high speed decode and 2-Tone decode accuracy.
- MDC 1200 compatible: The following MDC features are available with the built-in MDC signaling: PTT ID (TX/RX), Radio check (RX), Radio stun (RX), Radio revive (RX), Emergency TX/RX (No ACK), 5 alias table (max.).
- Multiple 2-tone, multiple 5-tone: Up to ten 2-tone and eight 5-tone codes can be decoded on a channel. When a matched tone is received, the following items are programmable for each code.
- Radio kill, stun and revive: The radio kill/stun functions disable a lost or stolen radio over the air, eliminating security threats from undesired listeners. When the stun command is received, all functions will be temporarily locked out until the revive command is received or the unlock password is entered.
- Lone worker function: When the radio is not operated for a present period, the radio sounds a beep and requires you to push any button. If the radio is still not operated for a specified wait period, an emergency signal automatically transmits and informs co-workers that something may have happened to the individual worker.
- Mode dependent scan: In the mode dependent setting, the scanning setting is dependent on the operating channel. When you change the operating channel the scanning list automatically changes the list set for that channel. It is convenient when you move to a different operating area and change operating channel, you don't have to change the scanning setting.
- Tx channel setting and talk back function: The Tx channel setting allows you to program a transmission channel while scanning. Start channel, last detected channel, priority and preprogrammed channels are selectable. Prior to the Tx channel setting, the talk back function allows you to talk on the last detected channel, while scanning resumes after a preset time. The user can easily make a quick response with this function.
- Wide frequency coverage: The IC-F5021 series covers a wide frequency range in one version (VHF 136–174Mz, UHF 400–470 or 450–512MHz).
- Optional unit: The IC-5021 series has a 40–pin option slot for adding an optional unit. Optional voice scrambler units, UT-109R or UT-110R provide secure private conversation. Optional DTMF decoder unit, UT-108R offers DTMF decode capability.
- External memory channel control with optional ACC cable: With the optional OPC-1939 D-SUB 15-pin ACC cable, the IC-F5021 series can be programmed to control an operating channel from an external device (up to 16 preprogrammed channels). The ACC connector also provides an ignition sensing function, external PTT, PC command, honk honk, audio output and modulated signal input depending on programming.
- Compatible with IC-F3021/F4021 series handheld: The IC-F5021/F6021 series is designed to be a companion to our IC-F3021/F4021 series handheld transceiver. The number of channels and banks, signaling formats, programming software and voice scrambler are compatible. Take advantage of the shared functionality to complete your communications requirements. Wide/narrow (25/12.5kHz) channel spacing, Embedded ESN, ±2.5ppm frequency stability, Microphone hanger action programmable, 8 DTMF autodial memories, BIIS 1200 PTT ID transmission, Power-on password function, Nuisance delete function, Time-out-timer, lock-out penalty timer and more.
- Number of Channels: 128 channels/8 zones
- Channel spacing: 12.5/25 kHz, 15/30 kHz
- Current Drain: Tx 50W⁄45W: 14.0A, Rx Max. audio: 1.2A, Standby: 300mA
- Power Supply Voltage: 13.6V DC
- Antenna Impedance: 50Ω (SO-239)
- Dimensions: 5 29⁄32"W × 1 9⁄16"H × 6 19⁄32"D
- Weight: 2.4lb.
What's in the Box
- IC-F5021 Radio
- Hand microphone (HM-152)
- DC power cable
- Mounting bracket kit
- Microphone hanger
- Key assign stickers
IC-F5021 50-Watt VHF Transceiver
1.2 amps (Receive)
14 Amps (Transmit)
|Dimensions||5.91"Width × 1.57"Height × 6.59" Depth|
|Display Type||Dot Matrix LCD|
|Scanning Modes||Memory Scan|
Three Years Waterproof
Wide Frequency Coverage
8 Memory Zones
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.