M36 Floating Handheld VHF Radio
Add extra coverage from the date of purchase beyond the manufacturer’s warranty. View Details
This item is no longer available.
Is it different? You bet! It FLOATS, has a Clear Voice Boost feature, a true noise canceling microphone, and more!
Clear Voice Boost: In addition to manual adjustment, the radio itself adjusts speaker output level automatically according to the ambient sound pressure level so that you will not miss communications during a sudden burst of noise. The automatically set volume can be instantly overridden by manual operations including instant max volume / mute selection.
Noise Canceling Microphone: The sub-microphone on the rear panel inverts phase and cancels out ambient noise from the main microphone. As a result, the M36* reduces the affect of background noise (particularly trebly noise) from the transmitted signal and makes it easier to catch voice communication.
LOUD Button: When you need an instant “boost” in the volume, a simple push of the “LOUD” button gives you full volume immediately. In addition, holding the “LOUD” button mutes the audio output.
Other features include weather alert, Dual- and Tri-watch and optional waterproof/floating speakermic. It’s LOUD too! 700mAh (typical) audio output power—twice previous generation entry-class radios. Maximum-allowed six watts RF transmit power. Two-step power save function—stretch the battery charge to its limits. Very large backlit display and keypad—easy to use in foul weather!
- AquaQuake™ water draining function
- Dual/Tri-Watch function
- Instant access to channel 16 or 9
- Four level battery indicator
- Auto power save function
- LCD and key backlighting for nighttime operation
- Material: Cast aluminum chassis
- Controls: Backlit pushbuttons
- Scanning Modes: Priority, Tag, Dual- and Tri-watch
- Weather Alert: Yes
- Antenna: Flexible whip
- Transmit Power: 6/1 Watt
- Receiver Performance: Sensitivity: 0.25uV; Rejection: 70 db
- Battery Life Li-ion: 10 hours
- Battery Life Alkaline: 19 hours
- Waterproof: Mfr.-rated IPX7
- Dimensions: 2 3/8"W x 5 5/8"H x 1 11/16"D
- Screen Size: 1 3/8" X 15/16"
- Weight: 10.6oz.
- Warranty: Three-year waterproof
What's in the Box
- M36 Handheld VHF Radio
- Battery pack, BP-252
- Battery charger, BC-173
- AC adapter, BC-147
- Belt clip, MB-109
M36 Floating Handheld VHF Radio
|Battery Life||10 Hours|
|Transmit Power||6/1 Watt|
|Dimensions||2 3/8" Width x 5 5/8" Height x 1 11/16" Depth|
|Warranty Details||Three Years Waterproof|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on Orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).