A compact choice for boats that need a radio but don’t have room at the helm station.
The M400BB includes a black box main body and a CommandMic IV™ remote control microphone. The two-component radio can easily be installed behind a wall or console, leaving a small or hidden footprint, and completely controlled from a remote position.
Although compact in size, the M400BB possesses the same robust functionality found in the M424 fixed mount. Features include Class D DSC and the CommandMic IV™ intuitive soft-key interface design. Active noise canceling, a 10W loudspeaker and Public Address are built in for optimal audio performance.
- Space-Saving, Two-Piece Configuration: The IC-M400BB consists of a two-piece, black box configuration. All function control including DSC operation, can be made from the CommandMic™, HM-195B/SW, and the RF unit, IC-M400BB, can be installed in an out-of-sight place.
- New Intuitive User Interface: The new menu system is shared with Icom’s latest models. The bottom line of the dot-matrix display shows the software key functions which can be toggled with the left and right buttons.
- Active Noise Canceling: The built-in bidirectional active noise canceling reduces background noise to up to 90% and improves both your transmitted voice and incoming call. Hear and be heard more clearly.
- 10W Loud Audio, Public Address and Foghorn: The IC-M400BB has a built-in 10W amplifier that increases the audio output from an additional external speaker. The public address function allows you to make an announcement from the microphone like a loud speaker, and the foghorn can also be emitted from the external speaker.
- Built-in Class D DSC: The built-in DSC watch function monitors Ch. 70 (DSC channel) activity, even while you are receiving another channel. DSC functions include: distress, individual, group, all ships, urgency, safety, position request/report, polling request and DSC test calls.
- Common NMEA Interface: When connected to an external GPS receiver, current position and time are shown on the COMMANDMIC display. When receiving DSC information from another vessel, the radio can transfer it to a navigational device via NMEA 0183 connectivity.
- AIS Target Call with MA-500TR: When connected to the optional MA-500TR Class B AIS transponder, the AIS target call function allows you to set up an individual DSC call from the MA-500TR.
What's in the Box
- CommandMic, HM-195B/SW
- DC power cable
- 20' microphone cable
- Microphone hanger
- Mounting base for connector
- Channel Selection: Up/down keys
- Controls: Vol/Squelch knob, eight buttons, four soft keys
- Mic Controls: Complete access via CommandMic IV™
- Display Type: Dot matrix LCD
- Scanning Modes: Priority, Tag, Dual-and Tri-watch
- Weather Alert: Yes
- Receiver Performance: Sensitivity: 0.22µ:V: Rejection: 70dB
- NMEA Interface: NMEA 0183
- DSC: Class D
- Waterproof Rating: IPX7
- Dimensions: 8 1/2":W x 3 1/8":H x 4 7/8":D
- Warranty: Three-year waterproof
M400BB Black Box DSC VHF Radio with CommandMIC IV
0.3 Amps (Standby)
6 Amps (Transmit) at 25 Watts
|Dimensions||8 1/2" Width x 3 1/8" Height x 4 7/8" Depth|
|Display Type||Dot Matrix LCD|
|Warranty Details||Three Years Waterproof|
|Noise Canceling Microphone||Yes|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.