M424G Fixed-Mount VHF Radio with GPS Receiver
|Dimensions||7 1/8" Width x 3 1/4" Height x 4 3/4" Depth|
|Display Type||Dot Matrix LCD|
|Scanning Modes||Tag Scan|
|Warranty Details||Three Years Waterproof|
M424G is a GPS-enabled, compact and affordable radio with top performance and great value, and features ICOM’s most intuitive user interface.
Active noise-canceling software quiets background noise by up to 90 percent on both outgoing and incoming calls. The built-in GPS receiver shows your current position and time and can be used for DSC calls. Featuring “smart touch” soft key human interface, AquaQuake™, IPX7 waterproof rating and direct compatibility with ICOM’s MA-500TR AIS transponder.
- Built-in GPS Receiver: The built-in GPS receiver shows your current position and time and can be used for DSC calls. GPS data source is selectable from internal and external GPS (and GPS-OFF setting).
- Intuitive User Interface: Icom’s common Marine Family User Interface provides simple operation for the boat owner. A rotary selector and directional keypad provide intuitive operation. The high definition dot-matrix display allows all information to be clearly viewed.
- Built-in Class D DSC: The built-in DSC watch function monitors Ch. 70 (DSC channel) activity, even while you are receiving another channel. DSC functions include: distress, individual, group, all ships, urgency, safety, position request/report, polling request and DSC test calls.
- Common NMEA Interface: When receiving DSC information from another vessel, the M424G can transfer it to a navigational device via NMEA 0183 connectivity.
- Compatible with MA-500TR Class B AIS Transceiver: The M424G can be integrated with the MA-500TR Class B AIS Transponder, which allows you to transmit DSC individual calls to a selected vessel instantly without manual MMSI entry. It is very handy if you are waiting to contact vessels on the AIS screen - an essential safety feature in an emergency.
- IPX7 Submersible Protection: The M424G withstands submersion in up to 1.0m depth of water for 30 minutes.
- Favorite Channel Function: This function promotes quick channel selection. Set the “Tag” channel to the channels used most often. When pushing the up/down buttons on the hand microphone, only the tagged channels are selected, while untagged channels are skipped.
What's in the Box
- M424G VHF Radio
- Hand microphone, HM-205B/SW
- DC power cable
- Mounting bracket kit
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.