M506 Class D Marine Fixed-Mount VHF Radio, NMEA 2000 Version
|Dimensions||6 7/8" Width x 4 3/8" Height x 4 3/8" Depth|
|Display Type||Dot Matrix LCD|
|Warranty Details||Three Years Waterproof|
NMEA 2k Compatible
|Noise Canceling Microphone||Yes|
This M506 version is a full featured fixed mount VHF radio with NMEA 2000 connectivity.
The M506 is packed full of features including ‘Last Call’ voice recording function and compatibility with the optional CommandMic IV™ 25W hailer with a listen function. "Active Noise Canceling" technology reduces background noise. Icom’s intuitive menu-driven user interface and a large dot matrix display make operating the radio easy.
Almost identical in size to the M504A, but with a larger dot-matrix display, a sleekly designed speaker microphone, a louder 10-watt audio output from the front-facing speaker, and the same easy-to-operate user interface as ICOM's M424, M92D, M400BB and CommandMic IV™.
- NMEA 2000™ Connectivity: With the plug-and-play functionality of NMEA 2000, the M506 can easily connect to a NMEA 2000 network. The M506 can receive and transmit GPS (position, course (COG) and speed (SOG)), AIS report and DSC call information data and transmit radio frequency and PGN list data on the network. Using this function, the IC-M506 can convert NMEA 0183 GPS data to NMEA 2000 data for other equipment.
- Last Call Voice Recording: The last call voice recording function automatically saves the last two minutes of the last incoming call. You can replay the received call and not miss any incoming call.
- Active Noise Canceling: Using digital signal processing technology, the built-in sing digital signal processing technology, the built-in bidirectional active noise canceling provides superb idirectional active noise cancelling provides superb performance. It reduces background noise to up to 90% erformance. It reduces background noise to up to 90% in the received signal and 30% fixed in the transmitting n the received signal and 30% fixed in the transmitting signal. The function OFF setting is also possible.
- Intuitive Menu-Driven User Interface: The intuitive software key functions provide easy and fast operation to control the multiple functions of the IC-M506. The bottom line of the dot-matrix display shows the software key functions which can be toggled with the left and right buttons.
- 25W Two-Way Hailer: When connected to an external hailer horn, you can talk to people on the deck or shore from the radio’s microphone and can hear people’s reply via the hailer speaker. The RX hailer function allows you to monitor the received audio from the hailer horn. The built-in 25W amplifier increases your talk power, making it loud and clear.
- Built-in Horn (Automatic & Manual): Foghorn feature is built-in via the external Hailer horn. Four horn patterns are selectable for the automatic horn function.
- IPX8 Submersible Plus™: The IC-M506 and included HM-205RB microphone can withstand 1m depth of water for 60 minutes.
- Full Control and Intercom: The optional CommandMic IV, HM-195B/SW (sold separately) provides 2nd station capability for using the IC-M506 from up to 60'* away, such as in a separate cabin or tower. Most functions including DSC and AIS functions can be controlled from the COMMANDMIC and can be used as an intercom with the IC-M506. * Two optional OPC-1541 extension cables required.
What's in the Box
- HM-205B Speaker/Microphone
- 6.1m (20ft) of cable
- Microphone hanger
- Mounting base for connector
- DC power cable
- Mounting bracket kit
- Channel Selection: Large knob
- Controls: Volume knob, squelch knob, large multi-function knob, eight buttons, four soft keys, spring-loaded distress cover
- Mic Controls: Channel up/down, 16/9, hi/lo power
- Display Type: Dot matrix LCD
- Scanning Modes: Priority, Tag, Dual-and Tri-watch
- Weather Alert: Yes
- Receiver Performance: Sensitivity: 0.22µ:V: Rejection: 70dB
- NMEA Interface: NMEA 2000
- AIS Receiver: No
- Location of Microphone Jack: Front
- Dimensions: 6 7/8":W x 4 3/8":H x 4 3/8":D
- Waterproof Rating: IPX8
- Warranty: Three-year waterproof
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.