M605 Fixed-Mount VHF Radio with GPS and AIS Receiver
|AIS Display||Built-In AIS Display|
|Amperage||6 Amps (Transmit) (High)|
|AIS Class||Class A|
|Noise Canceling Microphone||Yes|
Icom is legendary for their advanced radios, and the M605 proudly carries their flag with a host of cutting-edge capabilities.
It has a big, bold 4.3" diagonal color dot matrix display that’s designed for optimum readability in any lighting condition, and has a viewing angle of nearly 180°. Need an AIS receiver? This version has that built right in, and you can see your targets on the screen. Other notable features include active noise canceling, “Last Call” voice recording and an integrated GPS receiver. Separate knobs for Channel/Enter and Volume/Squelch, plus soft keys and a full alphanumeric keypad, allow for quick and reliable operation.
A high-performance VHF receiver separates out the signal you need from competing transmissions. Add up to additional three talk stations with CommandMic™. The M605 is at home in wet conditions, with an IPX8 waterproof rating, best in the industry. Includes NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 networking for easy and flexible installation.
- Integrated AIS receiver: The M605 with the integrated AIS receiver can show AIS vessel traffic information on the display. The AIS combo screen enables you to monitor the AIS plotter during basic operation. The M605 also allows the user to directly call a selected AIS target from the AIS screen using an individual DSC all.
- Integrated GNSS receiver: The GNSS (GPS, GLONASS and SBAS) receiver is integrated in the IC-M605. Position information can be simply received with connection to the supplied GNSS antenna with 5m cable, UX-241.
- NMEA 2000 and NMEA 0183 connectivity: Using NMEA 2000 connectivity, the radio can exchange GNSS, AIS reports, DSC call information data, radio frequency, and PGN list data on the network. NMEA 0183/-HS GNSS position data can also be converted to NMEA 2000 data for other equipment.
- Large color display: Bring on the color. The M605’s large 4.3" diagonal color TFT LCD display provides nearly a 180° viewing angle. The high resolution characters and function icons along with the directional keypad and soft keys provide an intuitive user interface. The night mode screen provides comfortable operation in the dark. Most used functions are assigned to soft keys (at the bottom of the display) for quick one push function access. The large ten-key pad enables users to smoothly enter channel numbers, MMSI numbers with ID names and much more.
- Up to three Command Heads or CommandMics: All functions of the IC-M605 (including DSC and distress operation) can be remotely controlled with up to three controllers, RC-M600 Command Head and/or HM-195 series CommandMic™, with an intercom function available among the main radio and controllers. The system allows for maximum operating flexibility anywhere on your boat.
- Outstanding receiver: A weak signal adjacent to a strong signal can be clearly received by the IC-M605. Its commercial grade receiver performance provides reliable communication at all times.
- Last Call Voice Recording: The last call voice recording function automatically saves up to two minutes of an incoming call. Don’t miss any incoming messages.
- Active noise canceling: The Active Noise Canceling digitally removes background noise from both transmit and receive audio
- Channel Selection: Large knob
- Controls: CH/Ent., Vol/Squelch knobs, arrow keys, soft keys, alphanumeric keypad
- Display Type: Dot matrix color LCD with nearly 180° viewing angle
- AIS Class: Receive only
- GPS Receiver: Remote GNSS (GPS, GLONASS and SBAS) receiver with 5m cable
- Scanning Modes: Dual-and Tri-watch
- Weather Alert: Yes
- Receiver Performance: Sensitivity: 0.22µV; Rejection: 80dB
- NMEA Interface: NMEA 2000, NMEA 0183
- Waterproof Rating: IPX8
- Dimensions: 10 13/16"W x 4 1/2"H x 5 13/16"D
- Warranty: Three-year waterproof
What's in the Box
- M605 transceiver
- OPC-2383, 10m (32.8 ft) cable
- Speaker microphone, HM-205RB
- DC power cable
- MIC hanger
- Mobile bracket kit
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.