The FB250 provides simultaneous access to voice, SMS and data services, so it's an excellent solution for keeping in touch with work or family wherever your voyage may take you.
FB250 transforms your vessel into a Broadband floating office, offering a faster and more affordable way to access data than ever before. It provides mariners constant, simultaneous access to voice and high-speed internet services on a global basis. FB250 takes vessels into the IP era with guaranteed data rates on demand anywhere you cruise.
With its compact radome size, a single cable to run between the antenna and below deck unit, and a built in Wi-Fi Access Point, the FB250 is easy to install and provides immediate connectivity to anyone onboard the vessel. The standard web console can be accessed via a web browser on any device, making it easy to enable email on your smart phone or tablet. Users will appreciate the ability to plug it in, turn it on and connect to the web in minutes.
- Compact global maritime terminal: Available in the same size antenna as the FB150, Intellian’s FB250 is a compact Fleet Broadband maritime terminal offering increased connectivity speeds. Available diameters (matching TV domes): 14 11/16" (i2); 16 7/8" (i3); 19 11/16" (i4). Available heights (matching TV domes): 15" (i2); 17 5/16" (i3); 21 5/16" (i4)
- Simultaneous data and voice access: Up to 250Kbps data rates, as many as nine separate phone calls at one time, Fax, SMS and IP Streaming capability keeps you and your crew connected at all times
- Built-in Wi-Fi access point: Connect any device to the internet using the built in Wi-Fi functionality. No additional hardware required to get your vessel linked up to the web
- Reliable hardware: In addition to passing Inmarsat’s rigorous type approval process for designing a terminal that meets their highest standards, all Intellian FB terminals are extensively tested prior to shipment
- Global service network: Intellian’s three year warranty is backed by and extensive global support network of more than 300 trained service technicians in over 45 countries
- Rack-mountable ACU option: For vessels preferring to keep their electronics equipment neatly stored in a server rack configuration, a rack mountable Below Decks Unit is available for the FB250.
- Ruggedized handset: The plug-and-play handset provides a familiar user interface on a 2.2" diagonal TFT color screen and features common-sense technology, such as an echo cancellation and noise suppression function to eliminate background engine or wind noise and ensure excellent audio clarity
- Matching dome solution: The FB250 radome can be matched with the Intellian i-Series (i2, i3, i4) satellite TV antenna systems to create just the right look for your vessel
- ADU Dimensions: 11 13/16" x 10 7/8"
- ADU Weight: 6.6lb.
- BDU Dimensions: 14 1/8" x 9" x 2 5/8"
- BDU Weight: 8.5lb.
- Waterproof Rating: ADU IP56, BDU IP31
- Approvals: Inmarsat FleetBroadband/ R&TTE/ CE/ FCC
- Warranty: Three years parts and two years labor
- Voice: Digital 4kbps Voice, 3.1kHz Audio
- Standard IP: Up to 284kbps
- Streaming IP: 8, 16, 32, 64, 128kbps
- SMS: Up to 160 characters (3G standard)
- Fax: Group 3 (via 3.1kHz Audio)
- Airtime Service: Inmarsat airtime
- Frequency Band: Tx 1626.5MHz~1675.0MHz, Rx 1518.0MHz~1559.0MHz
- Ch. Width: [Rx] 10.5~189kHz, [Tx] 21~189kHz
Power Supply and Consumption
- DC Input Range: 10.0~32.0V DC (isolated)
- Power (max): 150W @ 10.0~32.0V (including antenna)
FB250 Fleet Broadband Antenna System
|Minimum EIRP||284 Kbps|
|Warranty Details||Three Years Parts and One Year Labor|
ADU (Above Deck Unit) 7.27 Pounds
BDU (Below Deck Unit) 8.5 Pounds
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.