The Intellian i3 provides superior tracking performance and efficiency compared to antenna systems in similar size. With its stylish dome, the i3 is ideal for boats over 25 feet. The i3 brings boaters the excitement and variety of satellite TV programs while the vessels are traveling around coastal or blue water.
You will never have to compromise on reception or quality. The i3 offers the highest signal strength available along with patent-pending innovations in Wide Range Search (WRS) and Dynamic Beam Tilting (DBT) technologies. Therefore, the i3 can always offer the most precision tracking capabilities and superior satellite signal receptions while the vessel is cruising at high speed or in rough sea conditions.
The most innovative design of i3 is the integrated smart HD and TriSat modules in the antenna control unit (ACU) which allows boaters to access their favorite HDTV channels from leading satellite TV service providers freely just like they are used to do at home.
The i3 brings you trouble-free installation and operation with its single cable design between the antenna and the control unit. With Intellian MIM, boaters can enjoy flipping channels through automatic satellite switching just like a home system. See the installation guide of DISH Network MIM for further details. Plus, the Intellian i3 has a built-in GPS system to enhance satellite acquisition time and accuracy.
Fully Automated System
- Automatic satellite search and identification function
- 2-axis step motor for manipulating the pedestal
High Quality Antenna
- 37 cm diameter of parabola-type antenna for receiving Ku-Band (10.7 ~ 12.75GHz) satellite signal
- LHCP/RHCP or Horizontal/Vertical polarization enabling powerful signal gain
Superior Dynamic Tracking
Dynamic Beam Tilting (DBT) by rotating sub-reflector with high speed BLDC motor
Fastest Search Algorithm
- Wide Range Search (WRS) algorithm. Statistical search algorithm.
DVB (Digital Video Broadcasting) Signal Identification
- High speed identification employing a DVB decoder. QPSK demodulator lock for DSS signals.
Built-in GPS System
- Embedded GPS, which allows for the system to upload the GPS data automatically into the system.
New Antenna Control Unit
- Easy satellite information change and update
- Easy antenna status check and automatic diagnosis
- Easy antenna control using PC interface
- Reliable power supply to the antenna
- Embedded HD module and TriSat function.
- Single cable from the ACU to the antenna.
- Boat Size: 25' and over
- Dish Diameter: 14 5/8"
- Antenna Weight: 19.8lb.
- Dome Dimensions: 16 7/8"dia. x 17 5/16"H
- Minimum ERP: 50dBW
- Elevation Range: +10° to +80°
- Ship’s Motion Roll: ±25° Pitch ±15°
- Roll & Pitch Response Rate: 60° / second
- Turn Rate: 60° / second
- LNB: Dual Output
i3 Marine Satellite TV Antenna System, South America LNB
|Best Use||Satellite TV|
|Minimum EIRP||50 dBW EIRP|
|Warranty Details||Three Years Parts and One Year Labor|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.