JL AUDIO–M3-770X-C-Gw 7.7" Marine Coaxial Speakers, White Classic Grilles
M3-770X-C-Gw 7.7" Marine Coaxial Speakers, White Classic Grilles
Purpose-engineered for real-world marine duty, M3-Series coaxial systems are built to produce excellent sound in open-air boat environments, at a more affordable price. The oversized design of the M3-770X 7.7-inch coaxial speaker results in increased efficiency and mid-bass response over standard 6.5-inch marine speakers. The long excursion woofer design and excellent power handling ensures your music will play loud and clear at speed, or at anchor. Optimized for infinite-baffle operation, M3-770X woofers are designed to operate without needing an enclosure behind them.
A 0.75-inch silk dome tweeter, specially treated to withstand the marine environment, handles the high-frequency duties. Silk has been chosen for its lightness, excellent damping properties and smooth response characteristics. A fixed grille-mounted design ensures peak tweeter performance with no loss of woofer radiating area. A 2nd order high-pass filter on each tweeter is integrated into the woofer grille and requires no additional mounting provision. Equipped with a self-resetting protection circuit, the signal going to the tweeter is monitored and automatically disconnected in the event of an overload to minimize the chances of tweeter failure.
While M3-770X Coaxial Systems can be used with as little as 20 W per channel, amplifiers capable of between 70-140 W of continuous power per channel are recommended for best audio performance. All JL Audio marine speakers are saltwater-rated, utilizing corrosion and UV resistant materials throughout to exceed industry standards.
Sold as a pair.
- Acoustically engineered to deliver excellent sound in open-air boat environments
- Saltwater-rated and built with corrosion and UV resistant materials throughout
- Oversized 7.7-inch design outperforms standard 6.5-inch marine speakers
- Long-excursion woofers designed to operate without an enclosure behind them (infinite baffle)
- 0.75-inch (19 mm) silk dome tweeters specially treated to withstand UV and salt-spray exposure
- Integrated 2nd order high-pass filter on tweeter with solid state protection circuit
- Continuous Power Handling: 70 Watts
- Recommended Amp Power: 20 - 140 Watts per channel
- System Efficiency: 90.5 dB
- System Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- System Frequency Response: 45 Hz - 25 KHz (± 3 dB)
- Built in USA with Global Components
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.