JL AUDIO–M6-8IB-S-GwGw-i-4 8" Marine Subwoofer Driver, White Sport Grille with RGB LED Lighting
M6-8IB-S-GwGw-i-4 8" Marine Subwoofer Driver, White Sport Grille with RGB LED Lighting
Engineered as the reference standard for marine subwoofer performance, JL Audio's M6-Series subwoofer drivers are capable of generating staggering amounts of jaw-dropping bass in open-air boating environments.
With appropriate system setup, the addition of a subwoofer allows your smaller main speakers to be free of the burden of reproducing low frequencies. This allows your whole system to play louder and to sound cleaner at all listening levels.
Built for real-world marine duty, this M6-8IB is designed to operate without a dedicated enclosure. Long excursion capability and rugged suspension systems combine to produce deep, powerful bass that will transform your boat's audio system.
Outfitted with JL Audio's innovative Transflective™ lighting system (patent pending), state-of-the-art LED rings are positioned behind the woofer cones to produce vibrant accent lighting, in almost any color.
The ultra-bright RGB LEDs can be direct wired to display up to seven color assortments or connected to an RGB lighting controller (sold separately ) for adjustable lighting control.
For best audio performance, the M6-8IB is best used with amplifier power in the 50-200 W range and is optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it (at least 1.0 cu. ft. / 28.3 l). All JL Audio marine speakers are saltwater-rated, utilizing corrosion and UV resistant materials throughout to deliver years of listening enjoyment.
- Saltwater-rated and built with corrosion and UV resistant materials throughout
- Long-excursion woofer design with rugged suspension systems
- Optimized to operate without an enclosure behind them (infinite baffle)
- Transflective™ RGB LED lighting system (patent pending) produces smooth and even accent lighting
- RGB LEDs can be direct wired to display up to seven color assortments or connected to an RGB lighting controller (sold separately ) for adjustable lighting control
- Mounting Application: Infinite Baffle (at least 1.0 cu. ft. / 28.3 l of air volume behind)
- Continuous Power Handling: 200 Watts
- Recommended Amp Power: 50 - 200 Watts
- System Efficiency: 86.7 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- Built in USA with Global Components
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.