TracVision HD7 Satellite TV Antenna
Truck Freight Information
Truck Freight is used to ship items that exceed standard shipping limitations on weight and/or size. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
TracVision HD7 Satellite TV Antenna
|Best Use||Satellite TV|
|Minimum EIRP||46 dBW EIRP|
|Warranty Details||Two Years Parts and One Year Labor|
One compact 24" dome, three satellites at once, 130-plus HD channels from DIRECTV®-exactly like you enjoy at home.
This is satellite TV at sea like you’ve never seen before! The TracVision HD7 uses KVH’s revolutionary TriAD™ technology to receive uninterrupted broadcasts from three separate Ka- and Ku-band DIRECTV satellites simultaneously, allowing any TV or DVR onboard to receive any channel at any time, just like at home.
Installation is simple with a Single-Wire Multiswitch that supports up to eight DIRECTV HD receivers or four HD DVRs using a single RF cable. Identical mounting design with TracVision 6/G6 and M7, so upgrades are a breeze. Enhanced tracking algorithms and stainless steel bearings allow the antenna to track more smoothly than earlier designs.
Why do you need three satellites? Until recently, all of DIRECTV’s standard and high-definition TV programming was broadcast via satellites operating in the Ku-band (11.7-12.7 GHz). However, in a move designed to support an increased number of channels and high-capacity data broadcasts, DIRECTV moved all of its HD channels to new Ka-band satellites, which broadcast in the 18.3-18.8 GHz range. Now, DIRECTV broadcasts the majority of its HDTV channels from satellites at 99°W and 103°W while the original Ku-band satellite at 101°W provides all of the standard definition programming PLUS the program guide for all three satellites. By tracking and receiving signals from all three satellites at once, the TracVision HD7 offers the same experience a DIRECTV customer enjoys at home.
Service in Canada and the Caribbean: The primary use for the TracVision HD7 is to enjoy DIRECTV HDTV programming via the 99°W, 101°W, and 103°W satellites. However, boaters who wish to watch programming from other DIRECTV satellites, such as the 61.5°W, can use the IP ACU or iPhone App to make that switch. Likewise, it is also compatible with Bell TV (formerly ExpressVu) in Canada, allowing boaters who head north in the summer to watch Canadian programming. For boaters heading south, the TracVision HD7 is available with KVH’s exclusive Tri-Americas™ LNB, which supports DIRECTV service in the continental United States as well as DIRECTV Latin America service in the Caribbean, Mexico, and Central and South America. This option enables boaters to switch among these different services without requiring any hardware changes.
Satellite TV for everyone onboard: KVH’s exclusive TriAD™ technology, enables the TracVision HD7 antenna to receive broadcasts from all three DIRECTV satellites at once so that everyone onboard can watch the channel they want, on whatever TV they want, whenever they want! Never again wait through lengthy satellite searches or be limited to the content from just one satellite at a time.
- Unique tri-rod dielectric feed for outstanding reception even when cruising offshore
- Enhanced tracking algorithms coupled with stainless steel bearing construction delivers the best tracking available
- User-friendly IP-enabled antenna control unit with TracVision iPhone® app provides easy setup and system control
- North American System Configuration; Optional Tri-Americas LNB for seamless switching between services when traveling throughout the Americas (KHV 01-0323-03)
- Simultaneous tracking of DIRECTV’s primary Ka- and Ku-band satellites for uninterrupted reception of HD and standard-definition TV
- KVH’s Single-Wire Multiswitch enables installation of up to eight HD receivers or four HD DVRs1 with a single RF cable
- Rack-mountable, IP-enabled ACU with Ethernet connection, built-in WiFi interface, and USB port
- Exclusive TracVision iPhone App lets you check signal strength, switch to secondary satellites, download antenna software updates, and send information directly to KVH technical support right from your iPhone or iPod touch
- Enhanced tracking algorithms and stainless steel bearing construction for the best performing antenna KVH has ever built
- Identical mounting design as KVH’s TracVision 6/G6 and M7, makes upgrades a breeze
- World-class warranty coverage and support
- Compatible Satellite TV Services: DIRECTV - North America: Ku- and Ka-band services; DIRECTV - PanAmericana: Ku-band services (Tri-Americas LNB required, sold separately)
- Antenna Dish Diameter: 24"
- Antenna Unit Dimensions: 26 1/8" Diameter x 27 3/8"H)
- Weight: 61 lb.
- DVB-S2 Compatible: N/A
- Minimum EIRP4: 46 dBW (Ku-band), 47 dBW (Ka-band)
- HDTV Compatible: Yes, Ka- and Ku-band services (requires a compatible HD receiver, HD-ready television, and subscription)
- Skew Control: Stabilized (Tilt)
- LNB Types Available (polarization/output): Circular Ka-/Ku-/Ka-band
- Tracking Technology: Multi-axis High-Performance (HP) tracking
- User Interface: Internet Protocol-enabled Antenna Control Unit (IPACU)
- Tri-Americas LNB Compatible: Yes (sold separately)
- Elevation/Azimuth Range: +15° to +75°/720°
- System Power: 100-250 VAC, 60 watts nominal, 70 watts peak
- Warranty: Two years parts, one year labor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.