LASER PERFORMANCE–Laser Boom & Traveler Block Set
Laser Boom & Traveler Block Set
|Type||Boom & Traveler Set|
At last, Harken ball bearing blocks for your Laser’s mainsheet system!
Boom blocks and upper traveler block feature ball bearings for rapid trims and quick eases on the sheet as you round the top mark. One-piece traveler block does away with messing with Brummel hooks and electrical tape. To install the boom blocks, just remove both eye straps by drilling out the rivets, then replacing them with your new blocks installed.
- Sold as a four-block set (mainsheet and traveler)
- International Laser Class Association (ILCA) class legal since 2010
- Developed in conjunction with Harken; Harken-made "Carbo" style ball bearing blocks
- Ball bearing mainsheet sheaves have almost no friction
- Stronger design than the old Holt Allen blocks from the 1970s
- Traveler block "stand-up" connection requires no taping and can't come loose
- Journal bearing in traveler block applies slight friction on traveler block sheave to prevent boom migration
- 2.5oz total weight of the traveler blocks
- 2.8oz total weight of the mainsheet blocks
- Four stainless steel rivets included
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.