LASER PERFORMANCE–Laser Traveler Blocks
Laser Traveler Blocks
Replace your old 1970s-era mainsheet/traveler block set with a lighter, stronger and more reliable Harken system.
At last, Harken ball bearing blocks for your Laser’s mainsheet system! Larger, upper traveler block features ball bearings for rapid trims and quick eases on the sheet as you round the top mark. One-piece lower mainsheet block/traveler block does away with messing with Brummel hooks and electrical tape. Journal bearing in traveler block applies slight friction on traveler block sheave to prevent boom migration.
- International Laser Class Association (ILCA) class legal since 2010
- Developed in conjunction with Harken
- Harken-made "Carbo" style ball bearing blocks
- Ball bearing mainsheet sheaves have almost no friction
- Stronger design than the old Holt Allen blocks from the 1970s
- Traveler block "stand-up" connection requires no taping and can't come loose
- Journal bearing in traveler block applies slight friction on traveler block sheave to prevent boom migration
- Also sold as part of a complete four-block set (including two mainsheet boom blocks and traveler block set, Model 13947213)
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.