LEWMAR–#15 One-Speed Chrome Bronze Self-Tailing Winch, Chrome
#15 One-Speed Chrome Bronze Self-Tailing Winch, Chrome
|Drum Material||Chromed Bronze|
|Warranty Details||Seven Years|
Time tested winch evolves to answer the needs of sailors—cruisers and racers alike.
Lewmar has been evolving and improving winch technology for almost half a century. Since the 1960s Lewmar has developed winch solutions for the world’s leading boatbuilders, custom yards and racing teams.
Now Lewmar has upgraded their Ocean Winch; the most popular winch ever made, and improved it further. The new EVO winch is a development containing years of knowledge and understanding of what sailors and boatbuilders want.
Cruising sailors want a proven quality winch that can be serviced by the boat owner without any tools. They wanted to be able to put the winch together themselves, and they also wanted a reliable and predictable grip.
Racing sailors liked the alloy, needle-peened finish of Lewmar’s winches. Their only request was that they’d like it in black, so now EVO Winches are available in black, gray and chrome bronze finishes. No compromises have been made in terms of quality or integrity of design. You won’t find much plastic here, with high-quality alloys and metal.
- Simple servicing: No tools are required to service an EVO winch. simply unscrew the top cap with your fingers to remove the drum and provide access to the proven gear train. If you try to put a Lewmar EVO winch together wrong, it will become very clear that you’ve got it wrong; it is impossible to service the winch and put it back together incorrectly.
- Multiple Styles and Finishes: EVO® winches are available in black or gray alloy and chrome bronze for the cruising sailor.
- Wave Spring Jaw and Feeder Arm: The integrated investment cast stainless steel feeder arm completely covers the top of the winch, preventing a rope trap above the Wavespring jaws. The feeder arm position can be adjusted to smoothly feed the rope out of the jaws and into the cockpit.
- Engineering Excellence: Inside every EVO winch you will find materials developed over many years, designed using the latest techniques, and machined using CNC equipment.
- Electric Winches: Whatever sailing you do, short handed or long distance cruising, the decision to install electric winches or upgrade your existing winches with one of Lewmar's conversion kits is simple.
- Seven year warranty: With an aggressive in-house testing program, Lewmar is so confident about the quality of their new EVO winches that they are backing them up with a new comprehensive seven year warranty.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.