LEWMAR–30mm Control Block, Single
30mm Control Block, Single
|Diameter||5/16 Inch or 8 mm|
|Integral Cleat||No Integral Cleat|
|Mount Type||Swivel Shackle|
|Safe Working Load||440 Pounds|
|Sheave Diameter||30 mm|
Ball bearing blocks deliver sensitivity to hand held loads.
This 30mm single block is a workhorse and can be used for a wide range of applications. Great for spinnaker sheets, barber haulers, halyard turning blocks and loads more. The smaller sheaves are compatible with up to 5/16"
Sailors can detect changes in wind intensity and direction by feel. Hand held loads of the main and headsail, spinnaker and other control lines communicate valuable information to the crew. Lewmar Control Blocks are designed to keep these lines of communication open. By using ball bearings, Control Blocks assure sailors that small signals won’t be lost in unnecessary drag or friction. These light weight blocks are ideal for control lines and other hand-held loads. Long fiber technology used in the construction of the composite cheeks adds strength while keeping the overall weight down. An open design is used in the cheeks to reduce maintenance: saltwater and sand can be easily flushed from the block and the bearings lubricated.
The sheaves use the same long fiber technology for strength and feature a metal insert for the bearing surface. This addition improves performance and longevity. Line size compatibility and safe working loads are indicated on the sheave of each block to avoid failures caused by overloading the block. Get the messages your boat and sails are sending you loud and clear with help of ball bearings and Lewmar Control blocks.
- Light weight blocks that are ideal for hand held controls
- Ball bearings deliver smooth and long lasting performance
- Long fiber technology is used in composite cheeks to add strength while reducing weight
- Composite sheave with metal bearing surface
- Sheaves are marked with safe working loads and line compatibility
- Compatible with up to 5/16" line
- Ideal for medium dynamic loads
- Mainsheet systems on dinghies and smaller keelboats
- Backstay systems on dinghies and smaller keelboats
- Boom vangs
- Barber haulers
- Spinnaker sheets
- Halyard turning blocks on dinghies and small keelboats
|Sheave Diameter||Line Range||Shackle Post Pin Diameter|
|30mm||5/16" (8mm)||5/32" (3/16" triple)|
|40mm||3/8" (10mm)||5/32" (1/4" triple)|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.