72mm Synchro Fiddle Block
A unique block that is synchronized with running rigging systems.
The 72mm fiddle becket with cam is ideal for mainsheet and vang systems and can be set up as part of a 4:1 purchase. The larger sheave diameter works well with up to 1/2" lines.
Synchro blocks combine geometry, sheave ratios and a unique Free Spin bearing to deliver performance that’s comparable to ball and roller bearing blocks used in racing—but at a more affordable price. Designed to optimize the relationship between block and line, these blocks have self-aligning features to maximize efficiency and reduce wear to both line and block. An innovative sliding mechanism controls shackle post swivel. With the flick of a switch select between full 360° free rotation or one of two fixed settings (0° or 90° to sheave axle). Both fixed positions provide 30° of rotational “float” to allow the block to self-align to the system.
Synchro blocks use a larger sheave that features the Free Spin bearing. The bigger diameter sheave prevents distortion and reduces line wear while the Free-Spin bearing handles higher static loads. A stainless steel shackle post and framework supports the glass fiber reinforced cheeks to increase block strength while minimizing overall weight. The molded cheeks guide the line and prevent wedging.
Designed to be synchronized with your boat’s running rigging systems, Lewmar Synchro blocks are an ideal choice for the sailor looking to get more for less: racing features at a cruising price.
- Plain bearing block with ball bearing like performance
- Highly efficient free-spin bearing reduces drag
- Self-aligning head allows 30° of float (in locked setting) to reduce wear on line
- Stainless steel strap for added strength and durability
- Adjustable swivel settings: full rotation, parallel with the pin and perpendicular with the pin
- Stiff cheeks guide line to prevent wedging
- Compatible with lines between 3/8"—1/2"
- Standard equipment on newer racer/cruiser sailboats including Beneteau
- Ideal for high static loads
- Mainsheet systems
- Boom vangs
|Sheave Diameter||Line Range||Shackle Post Pin Diameter|
72mm Synchro Fiddle Block
|Diameter||1/2 Inch or 13 mm|
|Integral Cleat||No Integral Cleat|
|Mount Type||Swivel Shackle|
|Safe Working Load||2420 Pounds|
|Sheave Diameter||72 mm|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on Orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).