LEWMAR–Six-Spoke Folding Wheels
Take back valuable cockpit space with a unique folding wheel.
Conventional wheels act as a barrier across most cockpits, reducing available space and making it difficult move around. Lewmar has solved this problem with a unique hinge system that allows two sides of the wheel to fold-in to make the wheel roughly a third of its width. The composite grip allows you to twist the two-turn buttress-threaded split-spoke mechanism and quickly collapse the two sides. Ideal for most yachts, including those with a dual helm systems. Each wheel has a comfortable leather wrap and features a dual hub that fits both 1" Morse tapered shafts and 1" parallel shafts and is compatible with all Lewmar steering systems. Eliminate the barrier that prevents easy access to all of the cockpit by installing a folding wheel from Lewmar.
- Unique folding mechanism reduces wheel diameter by two-thirds while not in use
- Opens up cockpit for more usable space and easier walk-through
- Two twist buttress-threaded split-spoke mechanism folds and unfolds wheel quickly
- Features dual hub to fit 1" Morse tapered and 1" parallel shafts
- Compatible with all Lewmar steering systems
- Ideal for most yachts with 32"—42" wheels including boats with dual steering stations
- Three-year warranty
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.