Lifesling2 Overboard Rescue System
Get your crewmember back onboard fast!
The Lifesling2 saves lives! Lifesling2 is Coast Guard approved and works better than a ring buoy or horseshoe buoy because:
- It can be towed to the overboard crewmember, rather than the crewmember having to swim to it—this eliminates the danger of the crewmember coming in contact with the hull and propeller
- It can be used as a lifting sling if the crewmember needs help out of the water
The Lifesling2 system consists of a flotation collar which is a blend of the traditional horseshoe buoy and a helicopter rescue sling. It’s connected to 125' of multi-filament polypropylene retrieving line which allows the flotation to be towed or thrown to the overboard crewmember. The collar and line are stored for protection against the elements in a rigid and attractive vinyl storage bag. Graphics on the bag clearl illustrate the instructions for recovering a person in the water.
Note: This USCG-approved Lifesling2 is for powerboats with a lifting point 10' above the water, and sailboats over 20' LOA.
- USCG Type: Type V
- Configuration: Horseshoe Buoy/flotation collar
- Buoyancy: 21 lb.
- Material: UL-approved foam, line, webbing
- Dimensions: 22"H x 12.5"W x 5"D
- Color: White storage bag; yellow Lifesling
- Mounting/Storage Provisions: Storage bag, (Rigid Lifesling2 Fiberglass Case available, sold separately)
- Warranty: One year
Also view Lifesling3, made for use on larger recreational and commercial vessels.
Lifesling2 Overboard Rescue System
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).
LIFESLINGLifesling Bulkhead Mount Kit