LIFESLING–Lifesling2 Overboard Rescue System
Lifesling2 Overboard Rescue System
Get your crewmember back onboard fast!
The Lifesling2 saves lives! Lifesling2 is Coast Guard approved and works better than a ring buoy or horseshoe buoy because:
- It can be towed to the overboard crewmember, rather than the crewmember having to swim to it—this eliminates the danger of the crewmember coming in contact with the hull and propeller
- It can be used as a lifting sling if the crewmember needs help out of the water
The Lifesling2 system consists of a flotation collar which is a blend of the traditional horseshoe buoy and a helicopter rescue sling. It’s connected to 125' of multi-filament polypropylene retrieving line which allows the flotation to be towed or thrown to the overboard crewmember. The collar and line are stored for protection against the elements in a rigid and attractive vinyl storage bag. Graphics on the bag clearly illustrate the instructions for recovering a person in the water.
Note: This USCG-approved Lifesling2 is for powerboats with a lifting point 10' above the water, and sailboats over 20' LOA.
- USCG Type: Type V
- Configuration: Horseshoe Buoy/flotation collar
- Buoyancy: 21 lb.
- Material: UL-approved foam, line, webbing
- Dimensions: 22"H x 12.5"W x 5"D
- Color: White storage bag; yellow Lifesling
- Mounting/Storage Provisions: Storage bag, (Rigid Lifesling2 Fiberglass Case available, sold separately)
- Warranty: One year
Also view Lifesling3, made for use on larger recreational and commercial vessels.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
LIFESLINGLifesling Bulkhead Mount Kit