LOOS & COMPANY
Rod Tension Gauges
Accurately tune rod rigging to get the most out of both tacks.
The mast may appear to be tuned, but if the rod tension differs between port and starboard your boat may sail faster on one tack over the other. Loos & Company rig tension gauges are easy to use and take the guesswork out of tuning your rig. Sized for a specific rod size range, each tension gauge allows sailors and professional riggers to repeatedly tune rigs within ± 5% accuracy. Notches in the edge of the gauge determine rod size that can then be referenced on a chart on the gauge. The chart helps to establish a baseline tune by providing tension (in pounds) and percentage of breaking strength for each rod size. Each gauge will hook onto the rod while tensioning to provide constant feedback to the adjustments you make. Get equal performance from both the port and starboard tack by balancing the tension of your standing rigging using a Loos & Company Rig Tension Gauge.
- Allows sailors to balance rig tension to get the best performance from all points of sail
- Provides repeatable accuracy within ± 5%
- Ideal for riggers and boat owners looking to get the most out of the rigging
- Includes detailed instructions and chart to establish baseline tune
- Hooks onto the rod and provides constant feedback while adjusting rig
- Constructed of light-weight aluminum
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on Orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).