LOOS & COMPANY–Rod Tension Gauges
Accurately tune rod rigging to get the most out of both tacks.
The mast may appear to be tuned, but if the rod tension differs between port and starboard your boat may sail faster on one tack over the other. Loos & Company rig tension gauges are easy to use and take the guesswork out of tuning your rig. Sized for a specific rod size range, each tension gauge allows sailors and professional riggers to repeatedly tune rigs within ± 5% accuracy. Notches in the edge of the gauge determine rod size that can then be referenced on a chart on the gauge. The chart helps to establish a baseline tune by providing tension (in pounds) and percentage of breaking strength for each rod size. Each gauge will hook onto the rod while tensioning to provide constant feedback to the adjustments you make. Get equal performance from both the port and starboard tack by balancing the tension of your standing rigging using a Loos & Company Rig Tension Gauge.
- Allows sailors to balance rig tension to get the best performance from all points of sail
- Provides repeatable accuracy within ± 5%
- Ideal for riggers and boat owners looking to get the most out of the rigging
- Includes detailed instructions and chart to establish baseline tune
- Hooks onto the rod and provides constant feedback while adjusting rig
- Constructed of light-weight aluminum
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.