Broadband 3G™ 18" Radar
|Amperage||1.3 Amps (150mA Standby)|
|Beam||5.2 Degrees H x 25 Degrees V|
|Dimensions||19" Width x 11" Height|
|Display Color||Sold Separately|
|Maximum Range||200' to 24 Nautical Miles|
|Transmit Power||165 Milliwatts|
|Voltage||9 to 31.2 Volts DC|
|Warranty Details||Two Years|
|Weight||16 1/2 Pounds|
Broadband 3G™ Radar delivers amazing short-range target resolution, InstantOn™ warmup speed and the lowest available RF transmission for safe, flexible installations.
With revolutionary Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave (FMCW) technology, you see objects such as small boats and channel markers at greater distances.
Incredibly safe, Broadband 3G transmits 1/20,000 the power of traditional pulse radar—less than 1/10 the energy of a mobile phone—so it’s safe to install just about anywhere on your boat. Broadband 3G Radar supports chart overlay, display networking, MARPA and True Motion Radar Display to distinguish moving vessels from fixed objects or landmasses.
- Uuparalleled short-range target discrimination: Lowrance Broadband Radar™ provides amazing target resolution, even at an unprecedented 1/32 nm range. Docks, channel markers, moored vessels and other critical targets are displayed with pronounced clarity and separation, for added safety and confidence in close quarters.
- No dead zone: Broadband Radar™ technology eliminates the "main bang" of pulse radar—an obscured viewing "dead zone" immediately around the boat—which prevents display of any close-in hazards.
- Virtually no radiation for safe installation: Lowrance Broadband Radar™ transmits at 1/10,000 the power of typical pulse radars, emitting 5-times less energy than an average cell phone!
- Flexible mounting options: Broadband 3G™ Radar is safe to mount in locations never before possible.
- Low power consumption: With the lowest DC power draw of any X-band marine radar, it's the first and only radar ideally suited for sailboats and other fishing or cruising boats with limited power.
- Navigation in an instant: No more waiting 2-3 minutes for a pulse radar magnetron to warm up. The 100% solid-state Broadband 3G™ Radar design provides InstantOn™ navigation in seconds. In darkness, fog or foul weather, you can view your surroundings, near and far, instantly. Ideal for sailboats and other boats wanting to save power, especially at anchor.
- Transmit Power: 165mW
- Maximum Range: 200' to 24nm with 17 range settings
- Horizontal Beamwidth: 5.2°
- Rotation Speed: 24-36rpm
- Display Type: HDS, HDS Gen2
- Height: 11"
- Radome Diameter: 19 3/16"
- Weight: 16.31lb.
- Cable Length: 33'
- Voltage: 9V to 31.2V DC (12/24V systems)
- Draw: 1.3A (18W @ 13.8V); 150mA standby (2W)
- Data Interface: SimNet or NMEA 0183 with cable kit into display, High Speed Ethernet
- Waterproof Rating: IPX6
- Warranty: Two years
What's in the Box
- Broadband Radar
- Radar interconnection cable
- RI10 or RI11 Radar interface box (not included in the Lowrance 3G USA model)
- Ethernet cable: shipped with 1.8 m (6 ft)
- Optional heading sensor required for MARPA and chart overlay
- Display: Simrad NSO, NSE or NSS / B&G Zeus / Lowrance HDS
- SimNet or NMEA 2000 data network
- Radar mount of your choice
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.