SmartSteer™ control from your HDS Gen2 or HDS Gen3 display—will steer to a heading, waypoint or route.
Everything you need in one box to fit an autopilot to your outboard motor, the Outboard Pilot lets you focus on fishing activity while keeping the boat on course. Choose either the hydraulic- or cable-steer pack. When connected to a Lowrance HDS Gen2 or Gen2 Touch, the Outboard Pilot can steer to a waypoint or along a route, select a turn pattern or simply hold a constant heading.
The Lowrance SmartSteer™ user interface allows you to easily switch between electric-steer, trolling-motor control and outboard motor control directly from your HDS display. And, with your HDS display, you can easily convert trails to routes—so you can retrace a previous track and get your boat back to the dock from your fishing area.
Features and Benefits
- Steer your outboard motor to a heading, waypoint, route or cursor, with control from your HDS Gen2 or Gen3 display
- Lowrance SmartSteer™ interface provides control of your cable-steer outboard motor, as well as the MotorGuide Xi5 Pinpoint electric-steer trolling motor
- “One-touch” route creation from saved trails
- Pre-set turn patterns for more effective fishing/trolling presentations
- Recommended for single-outboard setups, on boats that are 30' and less in length
- VRF (Virtual Rudder Feedback)—simplifies pilot installation—eliminating the need for a rudder position sensor
- Easy setup—straightforward guide makes first-time installation easy
- Easy-to-install, plug-and-socket connection—with no complex terminal wiring
- Supported by Lowrance Advantage Service program
Compatible Cable Steering Systems
- Replaces a Manual Helm drive unit. Compatible with Morse 290, 304411 and Teleflex SSC52 cables. HELM-1 feature a variable voltage rudder feedback sensor. Only compatible with NAC-1 autopilot computer.
What’s in the Box
- NAC-1 Autopilot Computer
- HELM-1 Cable Steer Drive Unit
- Auto/Standby Button
- Point-1AP Heading and GPS Sensor
- Micro-C network kit including: 4-way block, 2', 6', 15' cables, Network power cable, Terminators
- Boat Type: Single outboard, boats 30' and less
- Compatible Mechanical Cable Systems: Morse 290, Morse 304411 and SeaStar SSC52 cable steering
- Display Type: High Definition System (HDS) Carbon, gen2 or gen3 displays (not included)
- Dimensions: 8 1/4"W x 2 1/4"H x 7 7/16"D
- Waterproof Rating: IPX5
- Warranty: Two years
Outboard Pilot Cable Steering Pack
|Connection Interface||NMEA 2000|
|Warranty Details||Two Years Limited|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.