MMS-Series Pure Sine Wave Inverter/Charger
ETL Listed to UL/cUL 458
CSA C22.2 #107.1-01 and Meets the KKK-A-822E Standard
|Multi Bank Chargers||1 Bank|
|Output Waveform||Pure Sine Wave|
|Voltage||12 Volts DC|
|Warranty Details||Two Years|
|Wattage||1000 Watts Continuous/1750 Watts Peak|
Compact inverter/charger ready for any AC load.
The magnum MMS series inverter/chargers are ideal for boats with small to moderate AC demands and limited installation space. Combining an inverter and charger already saves space, but Magnum takes it to the next level. The unique hour-glass shape, low profile and ability to be installed almost anywhere (including upside down) give the MM increased installation possibilities. The pure sine wave AC provides grid quality power and is compatible with any AC powered equipment. A four stage charger safely and efficiently charges battery banks while maximizing battery life.
The pure sine wave inverter will convert battery bank power to usable AC for most AC loads. You will be able to enjoy use of any AC equipment or devices that do not exceed the inverter’s capacity. The low harmonic distortion of a pure sine inverter will not damage sensitive electronics and appliances that use microprocessors.
Automatic transfer switch makes the transition from battery power to shore power seamless. When shore power AC is detected, the inverter will immediately transfer the loads to protect the batteries from unnecessary discharge. The switch happens within 16 milliseconds and is hardly detectable by users or equipment.
4-Stage PFC charger with power factor correction efficiently and safely charges flooded, AGM, Gel and Lithium-Ion batteries (requires ME-RC or ME-ARC remote control) while maximizing battery life. The charger evaluates battery condition and then cycles through bulk, absorption, float and full charge stages to deliver the quickest charge. Power factor correction ensures all of the charger’s capacity is available regardless of AC input.
Protection is built in. To prevent damaged to the batteries, the inverter will shut down if battery voltage reached 10V. Over-current and over-voltage protection keep the inverter functioning within its capacity even as demands increase. In dangerously high temperatures, the inverter charger will shut down to prevent a hazardous situation.
With 1000W of continuous AC the MM can provide power to handle moderate loads. Ideal for medium sized boats that have an occasional need for an 800W microwave, smaller coffee maker, refrigerator or power drill. Caution will be required to avoid overloading the inverter by using multiple AC devices at the same time.
- Compact inverter/charger for small to moderate AC demands
- Compact design allows great installation options making it ideal for space limited applications
- Pure sine wave inverter provides grid quality power and is compatible with sensitive electronics and appliances.
- Transfer switch automatically switches to shore power when plugged in
- 4 stage charger safely and efficiently charges batteries while maximizing battery life
- Power factor corrected to deliver consistent charge regardless of available AC
- Temperature compensation with included battery temp sensor
- Automatically adjust to available shore power for worldwide use
- Low voltage shut down protects batteries discharging below safe levels
- Safety Functions overcurrent, over temp
- Dimensions: 16 5/8"L x 8 3/8"W x 4 3/4"H
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.