Smart Battery Combiner
- Adds additional protection from the date of purchase
- Extends protection past the manufacturer warranty
The Smart Battery Combiner (ME-SBC) monitors and charges a second battery using a portion of the current that is charging a main battery.
The Smart Battery Combiner (ME-SBC) is an easy-to-use standalone battery combiner and isolator for 12 and 24 VDC systems. Apply a single charging source to the main battery bank and the ME-SBC charges a second battery bank using a portion of the current.
With adjustable voltage ranges, including automatic on/off setpoints, the ME-SBC prevents under- or over-charging.
The ME-SBC uses MOSFETs, which is a bidirectional electronic switch, control circuit that eliminates a significant voltage drop and provides automatic turn on and off based on adjustable voltage setpoints; allowing different batteries to be charged from a single charging source.
- Voltage auto-detect feature recognizing 12 or 24 VDC
- Transfers up to 25 amps
- Solenoid drive for requirements greater than 25 amps
- Over-temperature and over-current shutdown
- Adjustable voltage settings with a wide range allows for charging flexibility
- Bi-directional charging
- Reverse polarity protection
- Sense lead for long-run applications
- DC volts: 12 or 24 VDC nominal
- DC amps: 25 amps continuous
- Maximum VDC: 40 volts peak
- Average operating tare loss: ~150 mW
- Maximum operating tare loss: < 220 mW
- Non-operating tare loss: < 50 mW
- Operating range: 0 - 32 VDC
- Dimensions: 4.2L x 5.4"H x 1.4"D
- Maximum operating temperature: -40° F to +185° F (-40° C to + 85° C)
- Maximum storage temperature: -40° F to +194° F (-40° C to + 90° C)
Smart Battery Combiner
|Multi Bank Chargers||2 Banks|
|Voltage||12/24 Volts DC|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
Free Standard Shipping is only applicable on orders over $49.00 and within the 48 contiguous United States. Free shipping does not apply to Truck Freight.
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 260 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 10 - 14 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 7 - 10 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers; computer software, electronics charts, and carry-on air conditioners. For electronics we will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 7 – 10 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464)