A fast-setting, super-high-holding 316 satin-finish stainless steel “scoop style” anchor for all seabeds.
These Lloyd’s Register Super High Holding Power (SHHP) approved anchors set immediately, digging in fast to provide peace of mind in crowded anchorages. The world’s only New Zealand made anchor provides excellent performance in a variety of seabeds.
Built from certified high tensile steel by certified welders, this “scoop” style anchor uses a roll bar to self-right instead of a heavily weighted tip. This ensures weight can be distributed to the load-bearing fluke for increased surface area and a much greater holding power.
The sharp spear point digs right in to almost every seabed type, penetrating deeply and setting immediately. The dual operation shank has two slots for easy retrieval in different seabed conditions: long slot for rock and coral; short slot for most day-to-day anchoring. Designed to fit most standard bow roller fittings and to be self-launching.
- Dual shank anchoring: Twin slots enable use in all seabed types. Using the rock slit in rocky or coral seas floors means that if the anchor becomes fouled, the shackle can slide forward and simply lift forward, removing the need to use a trip line or change anchors.
- Strengthened shank: High tensile Bisalloy steel shank made from 800mpa stainless steel, the Supreme’s backbone is the strongest available for all anchors. The Manson Supremes' shank is 25% stronger than any other anchor's.
- Supreme roll-bar: The Manson Supreme uses a roll-bar to self right instead of a heavily leaded tip. This ensures the anchor always rolls itself to adopt the correct setting position. Weight can be distributed into the loadbearing fluke of the anchor. This increased surface area equates to a much higher holding power.
- Bow-roller compatibility: Made to conform to all standard bow-roller fitting and will also fully self-launch. Spear-head: The sharpened spear-head assists the anchor to pierce the toughest floors the sea has to offer ensuring greater penetration into the seabed.
- Supreme winglets: Lateral flaps enable the anchor to set perfectly the first time for an immediate set. Laminated nose: Not just one, but two layers of steel gives the nose added fluke strength.
- Fluke: Reinforced double-skinned laminated toe. Provides an extremely strong forward section of the anchor where the most loading is concentrated.
- Super High Holding Power from Lloyd’s Register: After extensive seabed trialling of scale models and materials testing, Manson were able to develop an anchor that unites immediate setting with Super High Holding Power. This holding has been officially approved by Lloyd's Register EMEA to be the highest of any recognised and certified anchor in the world.
- First Recreational Anchor with SHHP Approval: This is the very first anchor internationally to receive Super High Holding Power approval for pleasure boat anchors. Manson had to show that the Supreme was capable of holding four times the amount of every other anchor available. Manson also had to prove the anchor could not be destroyed under lateral loads, vertical loads and shock loading.
- Lifetime guarantee: All Supreme anchors are "guaranteed for life against breakage". Damage by deformation or bending is not covered by this guarantee.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.