Maretron's RAA100 is used to adapt commercially available resistive rudder senders to the NMEA 2000® network. This allows you to observe rudder angle anywhere on the vessel where there are NMEA 2000® compatible displays such as the Maretron DSM250 or DSM200.
The RAA100 is compatible with both the American standard (240-30 ohms) and European standard (10-180 ohm) resistive senders. In fact, the RAA100 can be calibrated for any resistance between 0 and 300 ohms.
You can also use the RAA100 with analog gauges at the same time as NMEA 2000® so you don't have to give up existing analog gauges to enjoy the advantages of digitally networked information.
The Maretron RAA100 has the following features:
- NMEA 2000® Interface
- Adapts American standard (240-30 ohm) resistive senders to NMEA 2000® Network
- Adapts European standard (10-180 ohm) resistive senders to NMEA 2000® Network
- Can be Calibrated for any Resistive Sender Ranging from 0-300 Ohms or 300-0 Ohms
- Three Point Electronic Calibration eliminates need for Mechanical Adjustment or Calibration
- Can be Used Standalone Without Analog Gauges
Rudder Angle Adapter
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.