Dynaplate, Bonding Use
Bronze grounding plates replace yards of copper foil. Looks like a solid bronze plate, but actually a porous matrix of bronze spheres, presenting the same effective electrical surface as a much larger expanse of copper foil. Use as electronic ground for SSBs, Lorans and ham transceivers, or as a ground reference in bonding systems. Includes gold-plated bronze flathead fasteners and silver contact paste for superior conductivity. Plates have tapered ends and rounded edges for reduced turbulence.
- Use for basic bonding and grounding
- Improves performance of electronics and reduces RF interference
- Offers the best path for hull bonding without long runs of copper foil
- Equivalent to 12 square feet of copper foil
- Provides a direct, low resistance path for improved lighting protection
- Deters electrolysis and galvanic corrosion
- Sintered porous bronze sphere construction for maximum conductivity in a compact size
- Low drag, non fouling shape
- Easy to install
- Easy to clean with wire brush
- Conforms to ABYC standards
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.