Castles Polarized Sunglasses
|Lens Material||Super Thin Glass|
Create your own iconic look with this legendary style. Your eyes will thank you for it.
Although originally known as "pilot's glasses," the aviator style of today isn't just seen in the cockpits of airplanes. In fact, this is one of the most popular looks for everyday use. Maui Jim's Castles Polarized Sunglasses are ready to protect your eyes and improve your view on the water, on land or in the air. Their PolarizedPlus2® lens technology goes beyond shielding your eyes from glare and harmful UV to reveal and enhance the colors that define your world. With SuperThin Glass lenses you get Maui Jim's crispest optics and the best scratch and solvent resistance. Lightweight Monel metal frames with nickel silver and acetate temples are durable and resist corrosion. Adjustable, nonslip rubber nose pads are included for comfort, stability and to help keep them on your face. Although, if you want to be extra sure they don't end up falling off at an inopportune moment (like when the media is photographing you landing on a beach in the Philippines), a neoprene retainer or leash (sold separately) is inexpensive insurance.
Neutral Gray – this tint has the highest light reduction for rich color and contrast. Best for bright, direct sunlight.
SuperThin Glass Lenses
- Absolute crispest optics available
- 20% thinner and lighter than standard glass lenses
- PolarizedPlus2® technology eliminates 99.9% of glare
- Superior precision with absolute clarity
- Sharp contrast with great depth perception
- Bi-Gradient mirror at the top and bottom of the lens squints for you so your eyes can relax
- Anti-reflective surface blocks bounce-back glare from behind and eliminates eye fatigue
- Enhance natural light instead of dimming it for exceptional color and clarity
- Best scratch and solvent resistance
- Waterproof and oleophobic to shed water and repel grease
- Block 100% of all harmful UV rays
- 95% reduction in high-energy blue light (HEV)
- Enhance red, green and blue light waves
Monel Metal Frames
- Nickel-copper alloy with high tensile strength and corrosion resistance
- Classic aviator style
- Saddle-style fixed bridge
- Adjustable, nonslip rubber nose pads
- Nickel silver and acetate temples
- Traditional pin hinge
- 8 base curve
- SuperThin Glass lenses
- Monel metal frames
- Includes case
- Prescription ready
- Two-year warranty
All Maui Jim sunglasses have been recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as an effective UV filter for the eyes and surrounding skin.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.