Your favorite sunglasses with reader power hidden where you need it.
The Hawaiian word "ho'okipa" means hospitality. Maui's Ho'okipa Beach is also one of the world's premier windsurfing spots. Maui Jim's Ho'okipa Polarized Reader Sunglasses with their 8-base frames of lightweight yet durable Grilamid are ready to welcome you with open arms (sorry for the pun), whether you're participating in fast-action sports or watching others do so from shore. Their PolarizedPlus2® lens technology goes beyond shielding your eyes from glare and harmful UV rays to reveal and enhance the colors that define the wonders of the world around you. If durability and protection against shattering are a priority, Maui Jim's polycarbonate lens material is up to the task. Plus, reader power is hidden and positioned right where you need it to optimize your view near and far. You'll find nonslip rubberon nose pads and rubberon tips on the ends of the temples to ensure your comfort and to help keep them on your face. Although, if you want to be extra sure they don't end up falling off at an inopportune moment (like when you're cruising in your outrigger canoe or making it a point to be seen by the pool with the latest must-read novel), a neoprene retainer or leash (sold separately) is inexpensive insurance.
Neutral Gray – this tint has the highest light reduction for rich color and contrast. Best for bright, direct sunlight.
- Offers the most shatter resistance
- Durable and lightweight
- PolarizedPlus2® technology eliminates 99.9% of glare
- Superior precision with absolute clarity
- Sharp contrast with great depth perception
- Bi-Gradient mirror at the top and bottom of the lens squints for you so your eyes can relax
- Anti-reflective surface blocks bounce-back glare from behind and eliminates eye fatigue
- Enhance natural light instead of dimming it for exceptional color and clarity
- Waterproof and oleophobic to shed water and repel grease
- Block 100% of all harmful UV rays
- 95% reduction in high-energy blue light (HEV)
- Enhance red, green and blue light waves
- Hidden reader power right where you need it
- A lightweight, durable polymer with extreme bending strength
- Retains its shape
- Gloss finish
- Fixed saddle-style bridge
- Nonslip rubberon nose pads
- Rubberon temple ends
- Anti-corrosive, stainless steel pin hinge
- 8 base curve
- Polycarbonate lenses
- Grilamid frames
- Includes case
- Prescription ready
- Two-year warranty
All Maui Jim sunglasses have been recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as an effective UV filter for the eyes and surrounding skin.
These products may contain bisphenol-A (BPA), a chemical known to the state of California to cause harm to the female reproductive system.
Ho'okipa Polarized Reader Sunglasses
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.