How can a pair of sunglasses have so many can't-live-without features and still be so lightweight?
We don't know either, but trust us, they do.
The Hawaiian word "ho'okipa" means hospitality. Maui's Ho'okipa Beach is also one of the world's premier windsurfing spots. Maui Jim's Ho'okipa Polarized Sunglasses with their 8-base frames of lightweight yet durable Grilamid are ready to welcome you with open arms (sorry for the pun), whether you're participating in fast-action sports or watching others do so from shore. Their PolarizedPlus2® lens technology goes beyond shielding your eyes from glare and harmful UV rays to reveal and enhance the colors that define the wonders of the world around you. If durability and protection against shattering are a priority, Maui Jim's polycarbonate lens material is up to the task. You'll also find nonslip rubberon nose pads and rubberon tips on the ends of the temples to ensure your comfort and to help keep them on your face. Although, if you want to be extra sure they don't end up falling off at an inopportune moment (like when you're pushing the limits on your one-design dinghy or summoning the beach waiter to bring another drink with one of those umbrellas in it), a neoprene retainer or leash (sold separately) is inexpensive insurance.
Neutral Gray – this tint has the highest light reduction for rich color and contrast. Best for bright, direct sunlight.
HCL® Bronze – this tint is versatile in changing conditions and provides excellent contrast. Great if you love a warm, subtle bronze tint. Best in full sunlight to overcast.
Maui Rose® – this subtle rose tint is the most comfortable on your eyes and has the highest contrast for everyday variable conditions. Excellent for fast-moving sports. Best in full sunlight to overcast.
- Offers the most shatter resistance
- Durable and lightweight
- PolarizedPlus2® technology eliminates 99.9% of glare
- Superior precision with absolute clarity
- Sharp contrast with great depth perception
- Bi-Gradient mirror at the top and bottom of the lens squints for you so your eyes can relax
- Anti-reflective surface blocks bounce-back glare from behind and eliminates eye fatigue
- Enhance natural light instead of dimming it for exceptional color and clarity
- Waterproof and oleophobic to shed water and repel grease
- Block 100% of all harmful UV rays
- 95% reduction in high-energy blue light (HEV)
- Enhance red, green and blue light waves
- A lightweight, durable polymer with extreme bending strength
- Retains its shape
- Gloss finish
- Fixed saddle-style bridge
- Nonslip rubberon nose pads
- Rubberon temple ends
- Anti-corrosive, stainless steel pin hinge
- 8 base curve
- Polycarbonate lenses
- Grilamid frames
- Includes case
- Prescription ready
- Two-year warranty
All Maui Jim sunglasses have been recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as an effective UV filter for the eyes and surrounding skin.
These products may contain bisphenol-A (BPA), a chemical known to the state of California to cause harm to the female reproductive system.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.