Sometimes looks can be deceiving. Not with these sunglasses.
They don't just look like high-performance sunglasses. They are high-performance sunglasses.
A popular surf spot in Lahaina near the Puamana community, Hot Sands has a big performance wave, but not much beach. Maui Jim's Hot Sands Polarized Sunglasses with their edgy 8-base frames of lightweight yet durable Grilamid are ready for high-performance sports and your active lifestyle. Their PolarizedPlus2® lens technology goes beyond shielding your eyes from glare and harmful UV rays to reveal and enhance the colors that fast-action sports demand. If durability and protection against shattering are a priority, Maui Jim's polycarbonate lens material is also up to the task. You'll find nonslip rubber nose and temple pads to ensure your comfort and to help keep them on your face. Although, if you want to be extra sure they don't end up falling off at an inopportune moment (like just as you're starting the 32-mile Molokai to Oahu stand-up paddleboard race), a neoprene retainer or leash (sold separately) is inexpensive insurance.
Neutral Gray – this tint has the highest light reduction for rich color and contrast. Best for bright, direct sunlight.
- Offers the most shatter resistance
- Durable and lightweight
- PolarizedPlus2® technology eliminates 99.9% of glare
- Superior precision with absolute clarity
- Sharp contrast with great depth perception
- Bi-Gradient mirror at the top and bottom of the lens squints for you so your eyes can relax
- Anti-reflective surface blocks bounce-back glare from behind and eliminates eye fatigue
- Enhance natural light instead of dimming it for exceptional color and clarity
- Waterproof and oleophobic to shed water and repel grease
- Block 100% of all harmful UV rays
- 95% reduction in high-energy blue light (HEV)
- Enhance red, green and blue light waves
- A lightweight, durable polymer with extreme bending strength
- Retains its shape
- High-gloss finish
- Fixed saddle-style bridge
- Nonslip rubber nose and temple pads
- Anti-corrosive, stainless steel pin hinge
- 8 base curve
- Polycarbonate lenses
- Grilamid frames
- Includes case
- Two-year warranty
All Maui Jim sunglasses have been recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as an effective UV filter for the eyes and surrounding skin.
These products may contain bisphenol-A (BPA), a chemical known to the state of California to cause harm to the female reproductive system.
Hot Sands Polarized Sunglasses
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.