Snapback Polarized Sunglasses
|Lens Material||Super Thin Glass|
Looking for a retro style, but want the latest protection and color enhancement technologies?
You're going to love these sunglasses.
A snapback is a Hawaiian surf term for a quick, short turn at the top of a curl that's usually done to gain speed. Maui Jim's Snapback Polarized Sunglasses have that kind of effortless style, but they will also protect your eyes and improve your view on the water, on the beach and on the boardwalk. Their PolarizedPlus2® lens technology goes beyond shielding your eyes from glare and harmful UV to reveal and enhance the colors that define your waterlife. With SuperThin Glass lenses you get Maui Jim's crispest optics and the best scratch and solvent resistance. Durable, corrosion-resistant and lightweight, these nylon frames give this wayfarer style a look that works equally well for men or women. Nonslip, embedded rubber nose pads are included for comfort and to help keep them on your face. Although, if you want to be extra sure they don't end up falling off at an inopportune moment (like when your ski boat throttles up for that first run across the lake or when you're waxing your surfboard in front of a crowd of admiring tourists), a neoprene retainer or leash (sold separately) is inexpensive insurance.
Neutral Gray – this tint has the highest light reduction for rich color and contrast. Best for bright, direct sunlight.
SuperThin Glass Lenses
- Absolute crispest optics available
- 20% thinner and lighter than standard glass lenses
- PolarizedPlus2® technology eliminates 99.9% of glare
- Superior precision with absolute clarity
- Sharp contrast with great depth perception
- Bi-Gradient mirror at the top and bottom of the lens squints for you so your eyes can relax
- Anti-reflective surface blocks bounce-back glare from behind and eliminates eye fatigue
- Enhance natural light instead of dimming it for exceptional color and clarity
- Best scratch and solvent resistance
- Waterproof and oleophobic to shed water and repel grease
- Block 100% of all harmful UV rays
- 95% reduction in high-energy blue light (HEV)
- Enhance red, green and blue light waves
- Lightweight injection-molded nylon
- Classic wayfarer style
- Saddle-style bridge
- Embedded rubber nose pads
- Hidden spring hinge
- 6 base curve
- SuperThin Glass lenses
- Nylon frames
- Includes case
- Prescription ready
- Two-year warranty
All Maui Jim sunglasses have been recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as an effective UV filter for the eyes and surrounding skin.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.