Just because they're rimless, doesn't mean these modified aviators aren't durable.
An awesome spot for snorkeling, kite surfing and watching humpback whales breach just offshore, Sugar Beach offers pristine white sand that stretches more than five miles from North Kihei to Maalaea on the island of Maui. The Sugar Beach Polarized Sunglasses from Maui Jim are rimless so nothing will get in the way of your view of this ocean paradise. With their 8-base frames of high-grade nylon, you'll find they're lightweight and extremely durable. Their PolarizedPlus2® lens technology goes beyond shielding your eyes from glare and harmful UV rays to reveal and enhance the colors that define your world view. If durability and protection against shattering are a priority, Maui Jim's polycarbonate lens material is also up to the task. You'll find nonslip rubber nose pads to ensure your comfort and to help keep them on your face. Although, if you want to be extra sure they don't end up falling off at an inopportune moment (like when you're cruising up the coast looking for marine mammals or chasing a toddler at the water's edge), a neoprene retainer or leash (sold separately) is inexpensive insurance.
Neutral Gray – this tint has the highest light reduction for rich color and contrast. Best for bright, direct sunlight.
HCL® Bronze – this tint is versatile in changing conditions and provides excellent contrast. Great if you love a warm, subtle bronze tint. Best in full sunlight to overcast.
- Offers the most shatter resistance
- Durable and lightweight
- PolarizedPlus2® technology eliminates 99.9% of glare
- Superior precision with absolute clarity
- Sharp contrast with great depth perception
- Bi-Gradient mirror at the top and bottom of the lens squints for you so your eyes can relax
- Anti-reflective surface blocks bounce-back glare from behind and eliminates eye fatigue
- Enhance natural light instead of dimming it for exceptional color and clarity
- Waterproof and oleophobic to shed water and repel grease
- Block 100% of all harmful UV rays
- 95% reduction in high-energy blue light (HEV)
- Enhance red, green and blue light waves
- Lightweight, high-grade nylon is lightweight and extremely durable
- Modified aviator style
- Smooth, high-gloss finish
- Fixed saddle-style bridge
- Nonslip rubber nose pads
- Anti-corrosive, stainless steel pin hinge
- 8 base curve
- Polycarbonate lenses
- Nylon frames
- Includes case
- Two-year warranty
All Maui Jim sunglasses have been recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as an effective UV filter for the eyes and surrounding skin.
These products may contain bisphenol-A (BPA), a chemical known to the state of California to cause harm to the female reproductive system.
Sugar Beach Polarized Sunglasses
|Lens Color||Maui HT|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.