Tail Slide Polarized Sunglasses
|Lens Color||Maui Rose|
|Lens Material||Super Thin Glass|
This refined wayfarer style takes its name from a surfing trick, so you know it's going to look chill.
A tail slide is part of a surfing maneuver where you purposely make your fins lose their grip and your board slides across the lip of the curl. Maui Jim's Tail Slide Polarized Sunglasses won't help you with that trick, but they will protect your eyes and improve your view on the water or at the beach so you can see someone else pull it off. Their PolarizedPlus2® lens technology goes beyond shielding your eyes from glare and harmful UV to reveal and enhance the colors that define your world. With SuperThin Glass lenses you get Maui Jim's crispest optics and the best scratch and solvent resistance. Lightweight nylon frames with adjustable wire tips are durable, resist corrosion and can be adjusted for a custom fit. Nonslip, embedded rubber nose pads are included for comfort and to help keep them on your face. Although, if you want to be extra sure they don't end up falling off at an inopportune moment (like in the middle of the ocean or in the middle of securing that primo spot next to the pool), a neoprene retainer or leash (sold separately) is inexpensive insurance.
Maui Rose® – this subtle rose tint is the most comfortable on your eyes and has the highest contrast for everyday variable conditions. Excellent for fast-moving sports. Best in full sunlight to overcast.
SuperThin Glass Lenses
- Absolute crispest optics available
- 20% thinner and lighter than standard glass lenses
- PolarizedPlus2® technology eliminates 99.9% of glare
- Superior precision with absolute clarity
- Sharp contrast with great depth perception
- Bi-Gradient mirror at the top and bottom of the lens squints for you so your eyes can relax
- Anti-reflective surface blocks bounce-back glare from behind and eliminates eye fatigue
- Enhance natural light instead of dimming it for exceptional color and clarity
- Best scratch and solvent resistance
- Waterproof and oleophobic to shed water and repel grease
- Block 100% of all harmful UV rays
- 95% reduction in high-energy blue light (HEV)
- Enhance red, green and blue light waves
- Lightweight injection-molded nylon
- Classic wayfarer style
- Saddle-style bridge
- Embedded rubber nose pads
- Adjustable wire tips
- Spring hinge
- 6 base curve
- SuperThin Glass lenses
- Nylon frames
- Includes case
- Prescription ready
- Two-year warranty
All Maui Jim sunglasses have been recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as an effective UV filter for the eyes and surrounding skin.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.