World Cup Polarized Sunglasses
|Lens Material||Super Thin Glass|
Do you want to not only protect your eyes from UV light and glare, but stray UV light, sand and allergens as well? Go for a wrap.
Named after the only one-day big game tournament where teams are allowed to fish anywhere in the world for 8 hours in their time zones, the World Cup Blue Marlin Championship, Maui Jim's World Cup Polarized Sunglasses are made to withstand whatever conditions you'll encounter. Not only that, but a pair of wrap-around sunglasses like the World Cup provides extra protection due to their curved shape and wide temples. You know those pesky rays of light that sneak in around your eyes when you're on the water? Those reflected rays add to eye strain and are just as damaging as the light coming straight into your lenses. Wrap-arounds not only stop reflected rays, they also help keep sand and allergens out of your eyes since they fit closer to your face.
These World Cup Polarized Sunglasses feature large wrap frames of lightweight yet tough, high-grade injected nylon (Model 15256274 has a rubber frame) and SuperThin Glass lenses with outstanding optics and the best scratch and solvent resistance. Their PolarizedPlus2® lens technology goes beyond shielding your eyes from glare and harmful UV rays to reveal and enhance the colors that define wherever you live, play or fish. Embedded nonslip rubber nose pads help keep them on your face. Although, if you want to be extra sure they don't end up falling off at an inopportune moment (like when you're landing that world record billfish or while you're back at the marina telling about "the one that got away"), a neoprene retainer or leash (sold separately) is inexpensive insurance.
Neutral Gray – this tint has the highest light reduction for rich color and contrast. Best for bright, direct sunlight.
HCL® Bronze – this tint is versatile in changing conditions and provides excellent contrast. Great if you love a warm, subtle bronze tint. Best in full sunlight to overcast.
Maui HT™ – this tint has the highest usable light transmission for incredible depth perception when most lenses would be too dark. Best in variable light conditions.
SuperThin Glass Lenses
- Absolute crispest optics available
- 20% thinner and lighter than standard glass lenses
- PolarizedPlus2® technology eliminates 99.9% of glare
- Superior precision with absolute clarity
- Sharp contrast with great depth perception
- Bi-Gradient mirror at the top and bottom of the lens squints for you so your eyes can relax
- Anti-reflective surface blocks bounce-back glare from behind and eliminates eye fatigue
- Enhance natural light instead of dimming it for exceptional color and clarity
- Best scratch and solvent resistance
- Waterproof and oleophobic to shed water and repel grease
- Block 100% of all harmful UV rays
- 95% reduction in high-energy blue light (HEV)
- Enhance red, green and blue light waves
High-Grade Nylon Frames
- Lightweight, yet tough injected nylon or rubber (Model 15256274 only)
- Modified rectangular wrap style
- High-gloss or matte finish
- Fixed saddle-style bridge
- Embedded, nonslip rubber nose pads
- Anti-corrosive spring hinge
- 8 base curve
- SuperThin Glass lenses
- High-grade nylon or rubber frames
- Includes case
- Prescription ready
- Two-year warranty
All Maui Jim sunglasses have been recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as an effective UV filter for the eyes and surrounding skin.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.