SkyMate m2500 Satellite System with Mazu™ iPad® App
West Marine Exclusive:
Purchase the m2500 from West Marine and receive a coupon to download mazu™ Sportfishing ($129 value). Free mazu™ Sportfishing App includes everything within mazu™ plus:
Sea surface temperature and chlorophyll – Find the breaks wherever you are
- Satellite produced sea surface temperature charts
- Cloud free sea surface temperature charts
- Satellite produced chlorophyll charts
- Overlay directly onto your map
- Updated daily
FleetChat – Work as a team
- Join and manage group chats
- See your location and friends locations on your map
- Customize who can see and chat with you
The m2500 system and Mazu™ iPad® app allows you to stay connected wherever you go.
The Mazu app and m2500 Satellite System connects you and everyone else aboard your boat to a wide variety of communications, navigation, safety and fishing functions.
Send and receive e-mails and text messages while onboard using any device. Use the Mazu™ iPad® app to download charts, plan your trip and receive weather forecasts before you go, then update them while underway via satellite.
Easy, Do-It-Yourself hardware installation: An onboard illuminated keypad and indicator tell you when new messages have arrive and allow you to send SOS emergency signals.
Easy to use: The Mazu™ iPad® app has an easy to use graphic interface. Simple touchscreen controls make downloading charts and requesting weather forecasts a snap. Save money when on shore, or near shore because mazu™ can be used via WiFi and cellular when it is available. Once away from land based internet sources simply connect the iPad® wirelessly to the onboard m2500 system and continue using via satellite. No need for complicated modems or interfacing systems. Mazu™ works simply and wirelessly. You can connect to the m2500 system with the Mazu™ iPad® app or any smart device with a browser.
Easy Set Up: Simple, anyone can do it, DIY installation. The m2500 system consists of just three pieces of hardware, the smart antenna, base unit and the illuminated keypad. One wire with both power and data connects the base unit and smart antenna. The antenna can be flush or rail mounted using a standard 1"-14 marine mount. Four screws mount the illuminated keypad which provides SOS initiation, monitoring of the Sentry sensors/actuators and a message waiting light. Connect the three components, the power cable (12-24V DC), activate the system and you are ready to go. Low power consumption of only four watts when transmitting.
Connection Plans for all budgets: Affordable, flexible monthly service plans starting at $39.99. Dry Dock plan allows you to put your plan on hold for only $9.95/month but still maintain access to email when you are not cruising. Sentry monitoring starts at $10/month with an active service plan. mazu™ iPad® app can always be used on cellular or Wi-Fi without using your satellite service plan.
Global Coverage - Affordable and reliable satellite service.
- 100% global, reliable service using the Iridium satellite network
Weather - Use up to date weather for planning and navigation
- Live and historic buoy information
- Seven-day wind and wave point forecasts
- Seven-day atmospheric point forecasts
- NOAA text forecasts
- GRIB overlays
- NEXRAD precipitation overlays
- Weather alerts
Email and SMS - Communication is easy even out at sea or in remote ports
- Send and receive emails and SMS text messages
- Use any device
- Send friends and family automatic updates with your position
Navigation - Easy route planning and tracking
- Overlay nautical charts
- On-screen tracking
- Import and export routes
- Create and edit routes
- Real time navigation dashboard including NMEA 2000 navigation and weather data
SOS - 24/7/365 search and rescue emergency response
- Responders know your vessel name and position immediately upon activation of SOS
- Two way communication with responders to let them know the emergency at hand
- Global network of search and rescue response
Worldwide Remote Monitoring and Control - Know where your boat is and what is happening onboard
- Monitor and control your boat from anywhere in the world using the Sentry add on
- Receive text or email alerts regarding vital vessel functions, power, bilge status, intruders
- Receive daily boat status updates when away from vessel
- Activate remotely via satellite: Sound alarms, turn on lights, fridges, AC or emergency pumps
- Emergency notifications: power is out, high water, vessel has moved, battery is low
- Custom rule creation: turn on lights and siren if door is opened. Bilge alarm activates spare pump
- Geo-fencing: Leaves Zone. Vessel moves outside of a marina or drags anchor
- Geo-fencing: Enters Zone. Vessel enters territorial waters. Vessel goes near reef or shoal
What's in the Box
- IGT-2100 with 30' cable
- ISI power cable (iPad not included)
SkyMate m2500 Satellite System with Mazu™ iPad® App
|Dimensions||13 3/4" Width x 8 3/4" Height x 5 1/4" Depth|
|Warranty Details||One Year|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
Free Standard Shipping is only applicable on orders over $49.00 and within the 48 contiguous United States. Free shipping does not apply to Truck Freight.
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 260 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 5 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers; computer software, electronics charts, and carry-on air conditioners. For electronics we will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 5 – 7 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464)