6hp 4-Stroke Outboard, 20" Shaft Length
20 Inch Shaft
Three Years Corrosion
Three Years Limited
Mercury Marine’s 4-stroke technology consumes 40 percent less fuel than 2-stroke models for extraordinary value and savings.
Engines surpass California Air Resources Board (CARB) 3-Star Rating, making them some of the cleanest running on the market-with 91% less emissions than traditional 2-stroke outboards!
The inherent 4-stroke characteristics of ultra-quiet, smoke-free operation, plus smooth idling and running make these engines a natural choice whether you’re trolling for fish or out just for fun. Clean running 4-stroke engines have a CARB three-star, ultra-low emissions rating.
The decompression system and electronic CD ignition design ensure an easy, reliable start. One-stage over-rev protection and low oil pressure warning system provide extra peace of mind. All models are sold with a propeller.
- 4-stroke technology is quiet, clean running and 40 percent more fuel efficient than comparable 2-stroke engines, with exceptional idling
- A standard automatic cylinder decompression system greatly reduces starting pull force for effortless starting
- The 6 hp model delivers ultimate portability with its integrated fuel tank and shut-off valve to prevent fuel spillage
- A full forward-neutral-reverse side shift is standard
- Engine Type: 4-stroke, two-valve pushrod
- Dry Weight: 57 lbs.
- Exhaust: Though prop
- Start: Manual, with decompression system
- Gearing: F-N-R, 2.15:1
- Trim Positions: six, plus shallow-water drive
- Tank Type: Integral fuel tank (0.3 gal.)
- Steering Type: Tiller
- For U.S. shipment ONLY
Note: These Mercury outboards have 4-stroke engines and, like virtually all 4-stroke engines, depend on oil in their crankcases for lubrication. To prevent the oil from leaking during transport, the engines are not shipped with oil in their crankcases. You must put the correct amount and grade of oil in the crankcase prior to the first use or you will cause extensive damage to your engine, which is not covered by your engine’s warranty. Please read the owner’s manual for more information.
For U.S. shipment ONLY.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.