MERCURY MARINE–9.9hp Electric Start 4-Stroke Outboard, 15" Shaft Length
Truck Freight Information
Truck Freight is used to ship items that exceed standard shipping limitations on weight and/or size. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
9.9hp Electric Start 4-Stroke Outboard, 15" Shaft Length
15 Inch Shaft
Three Years Corrosion
Three Years Limited
Mercury Marine’s 4-stroke technology consumes 40% less fuel than 2-stroke models for extraordinary value and savings
Engines surpass California Air Resources Board (CARB) 3-Star Rating, making them some of the cleanest running on the market-with 91% less emissions than traditional 2-stroke outboards!
The inherent 4-stroke characteristics of ultra-quiet, smoke-free operation, plus smooth idling and running make these engines a natural choice whether you’re trolling for fish or out just for fun. Clean running 4-stroke engines from 2.5 to 20hp have a CARB three-star, ultra-low emissions rating. All models feature CDI ignition with electronic spark advance. 9.9hp models feature carburated ignition. All models include over-rev protection and (for 4hp and up models) a low oil pressure warning system that provides great peace of mind. Exclusive multi-function tiller handle that combines shift, steering, throttle and stop controls for convenient one-hand operation. Featuring 5 position ratcheting manual-tilt trim with gas-assist and shallow water drive. All models are sold with a propeller.
- Engine Type: 4-stroke
- Features: 4-stroke technology-quiet, environmentally friendly, 40% more fuel efficient than comparable 2-stroke engines, smooth running/exceptional idling
- Exhaust: Thru-Prop
- Dry Weight: 84 lbs.
- Start: Manual with decompression system, or Electronic CD Ignition
- Steering Type: Tiller
- For U.S. shipment ONLY
- The multifunction tiller handle design provides one-hand operation of shifting, stopping, throttle control, tilting and steering
- A standard manual recoil, even on electricstart models, provides added safety in the event of a drained battery
- Easy starting and fast idle warm-up are provided by manual choke and primer
- Only 7 pounds heavier than a comparable two-stroke, it's one of the lightest fourstrokes in its class
- Gearing: F-N-R, 2.08:1
- Trim Positions: 5 with auto ratchet + shallow-water drive
- Tank Type: External
- Tank Capacity: 3.2gal.
Note: These Mercury outboards have 4-stroke engines and, like virtually all 4-stroke engines, depend on oil in their crankcases for lubrication. To prevent the oil from leaking during transport, the engines are not shipped with oil in their crankcases. You must put the correct amount and grade of oil in the crankcase prior to the first use or you will cause extensive damage to your engine, which is not covered by your engine’s warranty. Please read the owner’s manual for more information.
For U.S. shipment ONLY.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.