MINN KOTA–Riptide Powerdrive iPilot Saltwater Bow-Mount Trolling Motor 48" Shaft 55 lb. Thrust
Riptide Powerdrive iPilot Saltwater Bow-Mount Trolling Motor 48" Shaft 55 lb. Thrust
Reliable performance and smart control features are just two of the reasons why serious saltwater anglers put their trust in a Riptide PowerDrive Saltwater Bow-Mount Trolling Motor.
A tough, sleek mount and near indestructible shaft make the Riptide long lasting, putting in work day after day. Saltwater is no match for its advanced corrosion protection and fully encapsulated electronics with an easily replaceable sacrificial anode that absorbs corrosion so the rest of the motor won’t have to. With boat navigation, effortless stow/deploy elements and innovative performance features, the quiet power of the Riptide PowerDrive with iPilot technology is just what you need in your angling arsenal.
Minn Kota’s GPS trolling system, the iPilot does it all. This wireless system not only delivers on speed and steering, but it also gives you the ability to record and retrace your paths on the water. With a larger screen and more options than before, you can have better control over your system. The iPilot features a mobile app, Bluetooth connectivity, Spot-Lock, iTracks, Go To, advanced AutoPilot, CoPilot and Cruise control.
The accompanying mobile app allows you to control speed, steering, Spot-Lock, AutoPilot and software updates from your cell phone or tablet while Bluetooth connectivity gives you a fast and secure connection.
Other iPilot Features
- Create, store, retrace and return to your most fruitful trolling paths with the iTracks system. You can store 16 paths up to two miles long each.
- Spot-Lock is a GPS anchor that accurately holds on to your fishing spot with cutting-edge algorithms.
- Go To allows you to choose any Spot-Lock location or iTracks path you want to return to. It will activate your motor to automatically take you back to your most productive locations.
- Advanced autopilot allows you to motor ahead in the direction you want to travel without having to do anything but hit a button. It will stay on course and correct your motor for wind waves and currents
- The CoPilot feature allows you to control speed, steering, prop on/off switch and high-speed bypass from your iPilot wireless remote so you can fish from anywhere on the boat.
- Cruise control allows you to dial-in and adjust your speed to attract fish with favorable bait presentations. Monitor your actual “on the water” speed from the remote screen and adjust it in .01 mile per hour increments.
When fishing is on your mind you want to be in the water with no delays. Minn-Kota’s Deploy-Assist Lever helps you accomplish this. All you have to do is depress the lever to deploy your Riptide and start trolling. Stowing easily and securely, you won’t have to worry about anything else but finding some active fish.
Stay the course thanks to Minn Kota’s user-friendly AutoPilot™ system. Simply point the head of your trolling motor in whatever direction you want to travel and activate the AutoPilot™ button. Your Riptide will then automatically head in that direction while correcting for wind, waves and current.
Advanced Corrosion Protection
The lower unit of this motor is housed in a grit-blasted and aluminum coated construction to prevent oxidation and rust. The final layer of powder-coated paint provides an additional barrier of protection.
Provides up to 5 times longer run time on a single battery charge. These variable speed trolling motors let you dial in your exact speed, and they deliver only as much power as you need, helping to conserve your battery for a full day of fishing.
- The push-to-test battery meter on PowerDrive gives you an instant "state of charge" reading at the push of a button, so you can see just how much longer you have on the water.
- Weedless Wedge 2 pushes weeds away and takes on the thick stuff without battery-draining chopping and hacking. The swept-back, flared blades provide unrelenting, reliable prop performance. Delivers extra power to help you push through heavy vegetation to get you where the fish are.
- Pound for pound, the composite shaft is stronger than steel. It flexes on impact and won't break, kink or corrode.
- Nothing runs cooler or quieter than a Minn Kota. Extra-large windings and commutators dissipate heat, resulting in cooler operation, extended battery power and longer motor life.
- The unique bearing system reduces friction to cut fish-spooking noises.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.