Catalyst® Flotation Jackets, Orange/Black
With a revolutionary design, the Catalyst™ Flotation Jacket from Mustang Survival leads the way into the next generation of flotation clothing.
Based on Mustang Survival’s proprietary M-Tech Comfort System™, this flotation coat provides unparalleled mobility, comfort, and breathability. The M-Tech Comfort System™ is composed of three layers: the first layer is a waterproof yet breathable tri-laminate outer shell that keeps rain and spray out, the second layer is made of segmented foam that moves and flexes with you, and the third layer is a breathable, wicking liner. Added comfort comes in the form of a neoprene collar and ComfortCuff technology that creates a relaxed fit around the wrists.
The fleece-lined collar has an integrated hood that helps keep you warm and dry while the tri-laminate outer shell is waterproof to 10,000mm with a vapor transmission rate of 5,000 g/m2 per 24 hours. You get protection from the rain and ocean spray without the clammy feeling! Underarm zippers offer better ventilation and the double-ended zipper with storm flaps keep the elements out. Store your gear in the interior pocket or the zippered chest pocket and keep your hands warm in the front slash pockets. With all these features, you will be comfortable and safely equipped in a Catalyst™ Flotation coat!
- M-Tech Comfort System™ for unlimited range of motion and comfort
- Wicking liner for breathability
- Fleece-lined, neoprene collar for comfort and warmth
- ComfortCuff™ technology for a relaxed fit on your wrist
- Integrated hood and storm flaps to keep the elements out
- Reflective accents for enhanced visibility
- Multiple pockets to store you gear
- Front slash hand warmer pockets
- D-ring for attaching gear
- USCG Approval Type: Type III
- Intended Use: Offshore, inshore, coastal
- Buoyancy: 15.5lb.
- Flotation Material: Inherently buoyant foam
- Shell Fabric: Tri-laminate nylon
- Closure: Double ended zipper with storm flaps
- Warranty: One year
For more information on USCG approval types and why you should always wear your life jacket when you are on a boat, see “Think Safe Choose the Right Personal Flotation Device (PFD)”.
|Buoyancy||15.5 Pounds Minimum|
|Type||Inherently Buoyant Foam|
|USCG Type||Type III: Flotation Aids|
|Warranty Details||One Year|
|With Harness||Without Harness|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.